Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mountain Warehouse - black friday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

glasso wrote: »
    some really good prices on items for Black Friday (still on today 28/11)

big markdowns in some cases

BFEXTRA10 - 10% extra off at checkout

Postage charge is very reasonable at £4.50

Seems cheaper if you pay in sterling, than euro

example -> autumn / winter long-sleeve shirt

e.g https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/trace-mens-flannel-long-sleeve-shirt-p13139.aspx/cobalt/#tabArea

Thanks for that, got some jackets (£20) and fleece hoodies (£6) for the munchkin

Free delivery offer £50 too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Picked yp some hiking boots for me and the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Is this place really legit? Online reviews are not great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Its perfect, I've ordered a few times and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I got a few bits there and would put them at Regatta/Penney’s levels of quality.

That’s just fleeces/shirts etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

The site is definitely legit, but take the original prices with a massive pinch of salt. Decent at these prices though

They sell some of their stuff on amazon also so you can cross-check reviews of items where they are on both sites.

cheaper to buy from their own website tho.

reviews for most of their stuff on amazon are pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I've ordered feather and down jackets and they are excellent quality for the cost. Ordered the €4/€5 fleeces for the kids and they equal other much more expensive outdoor brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah they are. They are a UK highstreet store. There's hundreds of them in the UK, and maybe a dozen or so here.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Yeah they are. They are a UK highstreet store. There's hundreds of them in the UK, and maybe a dozen or so here.

Can concur. Have bought in their Galway store.
    Similar to Regatta and Trespass.
    Decent quality and I'll buy there again.

Some good deals, however... don't believe all those 'was' prices on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I used their shop last summer and seen some of those sale items.

And there where the same price.

The inflated price they reduce from is simply a big fat stinking lie.

not sure why people get so exorcised about so-called "previous prices". you see this everywhere - from Amazon to High Street shops.

you buy something for the price / quality ratio of the actual current price, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

not sure why people get so exorcised about so-called "previous prices". you see this everywhere - from Amazon to High Street shops.
    you buy something for the price / quality ratio of the actual current price, no?

Clued in people do. A lot of people fall for the lies.

At least there is new EU legislation coming in soon where max time to the was price/RRP must be 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

some really good prices on items for Black Friday (still on today 28/11)

big markdowns in some cases

BFEXTRA10 - 10% extra off at checkout

Postage charge is very reasonable at £4.50

Seems cheaper if you pay in sterling, than euro

example -> autumn / winter long-sleeve shirt

e.g https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/trace-mens-flannel-long-sleeve-shirt-p13139.aspx/cobalt/#tabArea
    Is there a reason I have missed why you and others appear to have bought off the UK website instead of the EU one https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/eu

I don't believe you will be able to return the UK stuff in store but I have never hand an issue with the EU and store returns.

dakid wrote: »
    Is there a reason I have missed why you and others appear to have bought off the UK website instead of the EU one https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/eu

I don't believe you will be able to return the UK stuff in store but I have never hand an issue with the EU and store returns.

prices are cheaper with sterling prices compared to euro

e.g. 9.99 £ vs 11.99 euro

it's the same site, just in sterling.

all other conditions and shipping are the same as far as I can see?

Advertisement