Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nespresso - 'Gifting Friday' Vertuo Machine + Aerocinno 3+ 100 Capsules €99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

Thanks, the order page doesn’t include the 100 capsules or the subscription, so it seems the offer didn’t process correctly. We just assumed they’d come with the order.

I’ve followed up with them and they’re sending the capsules. They have to get back to me on the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Same the 100 will be delivered in the coming days. Cheers folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

Was thinking that myself. I'd imagine they would ramp up the shipping from boutiques here instead of it coming from the UK.

I contacted their support. They ship from. An Irish warehouse for ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

Received the 100 capsules and credit today.

How does the sub work with the credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

ebayissues wrote: »
    Received the 100 capsules and credit today.

How does the sub work with the credit?

Subscription is just auto topping up with x amount of credit each month - follow steps on the card, it should create the sub and give you €34 credit immediately, then you can cancel and keep that €34 to spend on whatever you want, cups, capsules, etc.

If you don't cancel, one month from now it'll charge your card for another €34 and so on and so forth..until month 6 when you get another free '€33' or something like that. *(i'm open to correction!) , it's not awful if you'll be drinking at least €33 worth of coffee a month! You'll probably get better perspective when ya see how long it takes you to get through the 100capsules whether its worth it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Still waiting for my new code :(

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

What way are delivery times? I ordered machine Monday night at 9 o’clock. Can I expect much of a wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

I got an email that the machines are out of stock in some colours and to call them. Maybe check your spam folder if you're waiting a while.

On the phone i picked a new colour and was told about 7 days for postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gnf_ireland

BigAl81 wrote: »
    I got an email that the machines are out of stock in some colours and to call them. Maybe check your spam folder if you're waiting a while.

On the phone i picked a new colour and was told about 7 days for postage.

Interesting ! Mine left the warehouse but was not registered with the courier for delivery. I had to chase them today after 2 weeks of not hearing from them. After a bit of discussion, they agreed to send me a new machine, although the Aerochino is not currently in stock so will have to wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

finally receved the code! woop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Off topic but got a lovely thank you from Nespresso 2day, a free sleeve. And when I went to reorder I got a €4 rebate off the travel mug, delighted with myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Purchased one of the ventuo plus machines in Did on Tuesday for 84. Sign up in store about the 100 capsules free on selected machines. Filled in a form online but haven't heard back from them. Hoping machine I bought qualifies as makes it a good deal. Guy in the shop wasn't sure. Wasn't really in the market for a new coffee machine, was more of an impulse buy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Purchased one of the ventuo plus machines in Did on Tuesday for 84. Sign up in store about the 100 capsules free on selected machines. Filled in a form online but haven't heard back from them. Hoping machine I bought qualifies as makes it a good deal. Guy in the shop wasn't sure. Wasn't really in the market for a new coffee machine, was more of an impulse buy :D

Just to update if anyone's still looking for a deal on these. Got an email from nespresso to say the machine I got qualifies for both the 100 free capsules and the free 1st and 6th month subscription. Machine has paid for itself already. I checked online the day I bought it and the €84 machine wasn't on the DID website, so must be an in store only offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Anyone else find that this coffee machine is just huge? I was all prepared to buy it and saw it in a shop today and I was surprised at the size of it. It would take up significant counter space.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

Blingy wrote: »
    Anyone else find that this coffee machine is just huge? I was all prepared to buy it and saw it in a shop today and I was surprised at the size of it. It would take up significant counter space.

Yeah its bloody huge and my cunterspace is small.

Can't rembr when I ordr but I'm nearly out of capsules. Any deals going?

I also find that I dont use the Milk frothier as much, I'd say 10% of the time.

Has anyone actually descaled/cleaned out their coffee mahine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ebayissues wrote: »
    Yeah its bloody huge and my cunterspace is small.

Can't rembr when I ordr but I'm nearly out of capsules. Any deals going?

I also find that I dont use the Milk frothier as much, I'd say 10% of the time.

Is there not a 'Sex & Sexuality' forum for this type of stuff?

ebayissues wrote:

I've had to do it twice despite only having the machine a few weeks and hardly using it ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Does anyone remember should I cancel the subscription now or if we hang on will we get another €30 for month 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Alkers wrote: »
    Does anyone remember should I cancel the subscription now or if we hang on will we get another €30 for month 6?

Yeah first month and 6th month is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭garyfleming7

How does the latest offer work?

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/offers/vertuo-promotion

Aeroccino Milk Frother
    Your second gift of 2 free months (1st and 6th) of Coffee Credit will arrive with your machine. The free Aeroccino Milk Frother will be sent to you with your first order placed using the gifted Subscription credit.

Can you get the frother and cancel the subscription after the 1st month or how does this work?

Is this a good deal or better of waiting?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I'm not in the market for a machine, but they are to be complemented on their cancellation format

"Telephone, email or simply click the cancel button online"

Pity some newspapers (indo and business post) and places like sky don't offer the same consumer friendly policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Never did the subscription when I got the machine. Was there a code to use to get the e30 credit or just given on sign up for the 1st time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

gar wrote: »
    Never did the subscription when I got the machine. Was there a code to use to get the e30 credit or just given on sign up for the 1st time?

Scratchcard in the box, activate and you get the 30 credit (+4 bonus I think)...I kept it up surprisingly, powering through the capsules..have few of the recycling bags full waiting for collection!

Not everyone got the scratch card if I remember correctly...!
    New deal is still good but looks like they've lumped the aerocinno in with the subscription so you don't get it immediately with the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

How does the latest offer work?

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/offers/vertuo-promotion

Aeroccino Milk Frother
    Your second gift of 2 free months (1st and 6th) of Coffee Credit will arrive with your machine. The free Aeroccino Milk Frother will be sent to you with your first order placed using the gifted Subscription credit.

Can you get the frother and cancel the subscription after the 1st month or how does this work?

Is this a good deal or better of waiting?

Thanks

The deal is available on Amazon for £79.65 after import fees!

This works out at about €93 (using Revolut to pay) so a saving of €26 on the €119 Nepresso price! ;)

Same offer! :)

And Amazon's great customer service too (although I know Nespresso are decent also).

Nespresso 11389 Vertuo Plus Special Edition, By Magimix, Coffee Capsule Machine - 3 months of coffee and an aeroccino

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PD9ZMKT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

I bought one of these during the week from the warehouse for £51.75.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PD9ZMKT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pldnSite=1&th=1

It said "acceptable" condition. It looks like it was never used and the original plastic wrapping is still on it. The only thing that was missing from the box was the 12 pod welcome pack. The box was a bit battered all right. The serial number worked fine with the offer for the free aeroccino and 2 free months sub. If you aren't happy with a warehouse item you can just send it back for free anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

keredern wrote: »
    The deal is available on Amazon for £79.65 after import fees!

This works out at about €93 (using Revolut to pay) so a saving of €26 on the €119 Nepresso price! ;)

Same offer! :)

And Amazon's great customer service too (although I know Nespresso are decent also).

Nespresso 11389 Vertuo Plus Special Edition, By Magimix, Coffee Capsule Machine - 3 months of coffee and an aeroccino

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PD9ZMKT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

This is now reduced to £69 with the offer still included!

About €81!

That's €38 cheaper than Nespresso's own website!

Does anyone else's machine need regular descaling?

I've had to do it three times already and the machine is rarely used ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭Homer

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Does anyone else's machine need regular descaling?

I've had to do it three times already and the machine is rarely used ;(

No definitely not and ours is used every single day. You must have hard water possibly causing it? Something definitely not right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I'm tempted to buy this can anyone tell me what price the pods are here or where is the best / cheapest place to order them from?
    Also are there cheaper pods in aldi lidl etc ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

I'm tempted to buy this can anyone tell me what price the pods are here or where is the best / cheapest place to order them from?
    Also are there cheaper pods in aldi lidl etc ? Thanks
    Have a look at the nespresso website for the info you're looking for. Prices vary from 45c to 72c depending on the cup/mug size . Capsules can't be bought in regular stores. Nespresso have 3/4 "boutiques" in Ireland, 2 or 3 in Dublin, 1 in Limerick. Compatible capsules can't be bought for this machine. But you can buy a reusable stainless steel capsule and make your own.

Advertisement