Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTÉ ONE, 2, Junior, and Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I see that RTÉ have a new sponsorship for their Movies rights who are now with Coca-Cola. Did the previous sponsorship deal with Tesco Ireland finish up with RTÉ recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭RoTelly

I think the Big Big Movie has a separate sponsor to their Prime Time Movies, I don't think it has had one for a while. Not sure if Coca-Cola is a suitable one, do you know if it went out last Saturday?

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MrTime

HI

on shows like Dr Phil and Ellen etc why can RTE not synchronise the show dates with the day the shows originally were shown

I mean Dr Phil can say such a topic will be on Tuesday ( at some date last year ) but when RTE show it, it could be any day of the week

I hope this makes sense to someone; and I am aware Ellen has not long to run

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Master Anorak

Whatever happened to the "RTE TEN" (The entertainment Network) brand ?

It became RTÉ entertainment, but AFAIK they have drop the entertainment news update on the News Channel, and only have movie interviews (by two of the most nervous interviewers).

RTÉ Radio 1 has been given a shiny lick of paint

______

Yesterday

• Advertisement

I don't think RTÉ should buy in either show TBH, but yes I agree, but then you'd wonder why Dr. Phil would mention the day of the week when the show will go into syndication in the states and I doubt that local channels keep the episode to the right day on their reruns.

______

Yesterday

Monday Night Live starts the Monday after next (3rd of Oct) for an 8 week run, to replaced in 2023 with live audience debate programme. I assume from press release that they won't have an audience for MNL.

David McCullagh, Sharon Tobin, Louise Byrne and Mark Coughlan

I like Sharon Tobin, I think she'd be good for a Q and A type show.

______

Yesterday

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Interesting. Is this the current affairs equivalent to RTÉ’s Saturday night extended audition series Saturday Live? Do well and get the gig permanently after Christmas?

Did any of the presenter ever get a full time chat show from that, I think Kenny Live was a progression in the 1980s but the 2000s version lead nowhere, I think there was a 2 or 3 year gap before Tubrity Tonight.

______

Yesterday

Odd problem with the Sky EPG where RTE One seems to have the RTE News channel’s listings (and ditto for +1).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭SPDUB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭SPDUB

RTE pick up Heineken Cup rights for next two seasons, loss for VMTV. They got a way better deal than VMTV had too with better kick off times and being able to pick Irish teams every week instead of being stuck with the same game as C4 (who have also lost out to ITV).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

So potentially 3 different live FTA games on RTE, ITV and S4C?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Has Eurosport had an influence on this since they are now in bed with BT. They have the rights to the Olymics and sub licenced it out . Is this the same sort of thing?

Yes, during the pool stages at least.

One game on RTE involving an Irish side

One game on ITV involving an English side

One game on S4C involving a Welsh side

(Sorry again, Scottish fans, who are getting unfortunately used to being left out of the FTA party at this stage).

The arrangement whereby the U.K. and Irish FTA rights holders had to show the same game is gone. That’s not to say it won’t happen, though under the current format teams from the same league can’t meet in the pool stages, so there’ll be at least two different FTA games (because RTE and S4C won’t be picking the same games). Of course it’s a different kettle of fish come knockout time.

Also S4C will be showing one European Challenge Cup game involving a Welsh side.

Eurosport - no I wouldn’t have thought so, it is early days for the JV and I imagine most of the work on this bid was done by BT Sport before the merger took effect.

Neighbours has been renewed by Amazon FreeVee, will be interesting to see if RTÉ will still have rights to the show, considering they had an agreement with Fremantle that I think covers them for a certain number of hours a year.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭nicolaf45

Not clear, it will be on Prime Video in some territories that don’t have Freevee but haven’t heard Ireland specifically mentioned. Channel Ten are retaining the Australian rights.

• Advertisement

New Zealand I think was mentioned in one of the articles but in relation to one of their broadcasters. Amazon seemed only to realate to UK and US. are we under UK!

______

Yesterday

Prime Video will have it in Canada and New Zealand and repeat rights (after Ten airing) in Australia. No mention of Ireland.

https://fremantle.com/neighbours-to-return-to-television-on-amazon-freevee/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Where Amazon is concerned we are not under the UK. Prime Video has differences between the Ireland and UK libraries.

The Irish mirror put out an exclusive a few weeks ago that Neighbours will be back on RTÉ's screens in 2023. I wonder would this mean that the show will be put back in it's previous time slot on RTÉ2 in the early evenings?

Also does anyone here know when is The DART: No Ordinary Day is going to be put back onto RTÉ ONE's schedules?

Quinn Country is taking over the 9:35pm slot for three nights on RTÉ ONE for this week.

I do understand that a topic like Sean Quinn after his previous life as a billionaire is important nowadays in today's times when you consider the life he has had after his insurance company had been liquidated in Cavan.

Although I do find it very strange to see that one of RTÉ ONE's other documentaries has being wiped off the channel's schedule with very little notice.

RTÉ ONE's audiences are massively down, I assume this is the reason for the takeover of schedule of this documentary, a winter WC doesn't help RTÉ really, and they might be worried if audience don't return to them following the WC in December.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

According to the Virgin Media EPG and the RTÉ website TV listings The Dart documentary has been rescheduled to next Monday the 5th of December at 21.35 .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭political analyst

According to Paul Williams in yesterday's Indo, the Quinn Country doc would have been shown last January but RTÉ postponed it after receiving, in the same week as the sentencing of those who abducted Kevin Lunney, a letter in which the Mannok directors - including Lunney and his brother - expressed concern that the airing of certain allegations that were made by Quinn potentially inflame the small group that has intimidated and attacked them.

Aertel is no longer a service that RTÉ are required to keep.

______

Yesterday

It’s out today, isn’t it. No I don’t think they do.

At one point it always got a promo/mention at the end of the Toy Show, which I think was closer to Christmas than it is now at that time.

TV listings magazines are a bit of a relic now, in the age of EPGs and streaming, though I still like to buy it at Christmas, part of the ritual I guess.

• Advertisement

The overnight feed of Euronews has now gone back to SD on RTÉ ONE & RTÉ2 last night. What happened there? I thought the HD feed was going to be a permanent feature on these 2 channels.

Advertisement