Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Overnight you should have left it, turning the bags periodically, giving it a little shake. Sparkiling they'll be.

Be careful with the liquids, I know you get warnings about skin contact on all this sort of stuff but this is strong stuff. You don't realise a bit got on your arm til it has you burned.

Going to try this tonight...oven's in bits. Is it ok to put the waste fluid down a normal drain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Oven Pride is fantastic stuff.
    Surprised that it's so cheap at all. This stuff cleans like no other.

Have pyrolytic ovens now, so haven't had need to use this stuff recently. But perhaps i should stock up as well for the grills/trays for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

anniehoo wrote: »
    Going to try this tonight...oven's in bits. Is it ok to put the waste fluid down a normal drain?

not sure. I put it down the outside drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I splashed a bit on my worktop about a year ago and the mark is still there, be careful with it. On the windowsill too and it stripped the gloss paint off in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

fussyonion wrote: »
    Ovenpride.
    I've bought it before at its' normal retail price at around a fiver in other shops.
    It's brilliant stuff.

You get a pair of latex gloves, a bottle of solution and a large plastic sealable bag.

You place your oven racks in the bag, along with half the solution. You then leave it somewhere for 4 hours (I leave it outside in the back garden).
    Meanwhile, pour the remaining solution into your oven and leave it for 4 hours before cleaning off.

The stuff that comes off is amazing.
    You then rinse off the stuff on the racks....gleaming they are!

Would this work for cast iron cooking plates from a barbeque I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

From 27 April an exclusive DIY 200 strong range
    three piece professional paint brush set
    7.5m tape measure
    20g tube of superglue
    60cm spirit level
    paint rollers and trays
    masking tape
    re-enforced tape
    five pack of screwdrivers
    330g all-purpose filler and mastic tubes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

You shouldn't put that stuff down your outside storm drain... think it may even be illegal... has to go down the sink drain so that it gets treated.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

myshirt wrote: »
    You shouldn't put that stuff down your outside storm drain... think it may even be illegal... has to go down the sink drain so that it gets treated.

Close to all houses storm and foul drains go to the same single sewer still - although I'd suggest not assuming until you check!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

L1011 wrote: »
    Close to all houses storm and foul drains go to the same single sewer still - although I'd suggest not assuming until you check!

that's certainly the case for my drains as I had to get one of the storm drains unblocked recently and was able to see how they all ultimately went to the same sewer. Not sure about the on-street storm drains though.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Dealz have 15 pack of diet and cherry coke 2 packs for €9

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Its 15 pack and not 18 ! Still 30p a can is good...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I saw cans of vanilla coke in dun laoghaire, not sure of the price.

1 of the (many) €2 shops has closed in dun laoghaire

They had those suited security folks guarding penny value stuff...no wonder they had to close down !! And then thr is another euro shop with just 1 person taking care of entire shop....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sublimemike

tharmor wrote: »
    They had those suited security folks guarding penny value stuff...no wonder they had to close down !! And then thr is another euro shop with just 1 person taking care of entire shop....

what where?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I don't think they've been mentioned but I think the Dealz earphones are far better than expected. Iuse them at work for a bit some light listening and they are far from the worst earphones I have come across with regards to sound quality. They also fit comfortably in the ears which is something not even the brands get right with earphones sometimes. The first set I had lasted over a year of relatively heavy use too, currently on my second pair:cool:

rubadub wrote:
    where when

€2 shop which closed in Dun laoghaire....quote from previous post was lost during reply..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

American baking measures. 1 cup, half cup etc.. Invaluable if you're baking from a recipe posted on YouTube (more than likely American) or text from a US website.

Jane Asher Measuring Cups & Spoons Assorted Sizes

http://www.dealz.ie/jane-asher-s-kitchen/preparation-equipment/jane-asher-measuring-cup-and-spoon

The full Jane Asher product page

http://www.dealz.ie/jane-asher-s-kitchen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sublimemike

The 10 pack of pepsi cans for 3euro gone up to €5 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

rubadub wrote: »
    I saw cans of vanilla coke in dun laoghaire, not sure of the price.

You can get vanilla coke for 49c a can in Mr Price stores. Dunno if there's any around Dun Laoghaire though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭frankoreagan

Anyone seen the red boxes of peanut butter M&M's? checked in Tallaght and Ilac last week but no sign of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Anyone seen the red boxes of peanut butter M&M's? checked in Tallaght and Ilac last week but no sign of them!

Nutgrove had them on Tuesday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The 10 pack of pepsi cans for 3euro gone up to €5 :(

:eek: Never knew they had 12 packs for 3 always brought 6 for 3 at Dunnes:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I bought and scoffed a pack of them today. Was plenty left in the shop. Only problem is that the shop is in Letterkenny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Amalgam wrote: »
    American baking measures. 1 cup, half cup etc.. Invaluable if you're baking from a recipe posted on YouTube (more than likely American) or text from a US website.

Jane Asher Measuring Cups & Spoons Assorted Sizes

http://www.dealz.ie/jane-asher-s-kitchen/preparation-equipment/jane-asher-measuring-cup-and-spoon

The full Jane Asher product page

http://www.dealz.ie/jane-asher-s-kitchen

Was in the one in Merchants Quay cork yesterday evening and they were either sold out or didnt have them as yer wan working there said they didnt have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Connorzee wrote: »
    yer wan working there said they didnt have them.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

nialldinho wrote: »
    Nutgrove had them on Tuesday.

Wish I hadn't read this post!! im supposed to be on a diet, but now I know these are available I wont be able to help myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Connorzee wrote: »
    Was in the one in Merchants Quay cork yesterday evening and they were either sold out or didnt have them as yer wan working there said they didnt have them.

Some Dealz have a better selection of stock. I find one or two Dealz around Dublin, for instance, have no baking supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Yeah in fairness this one is relatively small compared to the other ones in cork city and county. They did however have a Jane Asher baking section just not the cup measurements i was looking for. They are a good idea though so i wouldnt be surprised if they were sold out. I got some other things while i was in there so i left happy enough. The search continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have asked for stuff and they went and checked out back, they never had it though. I have seen them checking for other people too, which would suggest there might be stuff out back not on shelves as they are tight for room.

This goes for tesco too, I got gardening stuff a week after it was all gone off the shelves, they said there was plenty left.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Sugar 1.4kg €1.19

Anyone try this rucksack or bag?
    Will they last long, one time use or worth buying?

Advertisement