Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Shops in Kerry

• 24-07-2012 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent bike shop in Kerry. Looking to get into cycling specifically for exercise etc and possibly do a couple of charity cycles ... but at a loss at finding a decent bike shop in Kerry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

what part of kerry are you in?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I visited three in Tralee weekend before last;

O'Hallorans, which I'd planned to rent a bike off but were all out. He sent me over to Jim Caball's who sell but don't rent, who sent me on to Tralee cycle and nursery supplies who sell (and rent!) bikes.

Very helpful crowd, the various Tralee bike shop fellas, all with a varied selection of road bikes, hybrids, etc... on offer. Shame no one in Kerry rents road bikes though, guess the market isn't really there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

what part of kerry are you in?

Near Killorglin ... but willing to travel anywhere in Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a decent bike shop in Kerry. Looking to get into cycling specifically for exercise etc and possibly do a couple of charity cycles ... but at a loss at finding a decent bike shop in Kerry.

in killarney o sullivans are excellent and the biggest. near the cathedral. Denis o Shea the big little bike shop in woodlawn is also excellent and very knowledgeable. now big in mountain and down hill biking but has a good pedigree in road racing. joe shea in killorglin is very competent and v helpful.

http://www.ibike.ie/ are new and seem to know their stuff but I ve had no dealings. good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

the only bike shop i can recommend around kerry would be the big little bike shop in killarney, Denis is sound out and knows a a lot about the bicycles so he does :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

Advertisement