Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I found some rain jackets in the wardrobe of my "old' bedroom, when I was hanging up some of the clothes I got when I was living away full time.
    They are not mine I moved them into the box room, I asked boysib to move them into a vacant wardrobe/cloakroom as Im tight for space.
    Today I find they are hanging back in 'my'wardrobe and all on the one hanger!:(:(:mad::rolleyes:

As if I wasn't annoyed enough with that, candidate Freeman has sent me another flyer to recycle for her! #keepthepoet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

They should be tossed back into the firey chasm from whence they came!

I'd say every man jack of them - but some of ye seem lovely!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got my fringe cut and I don't know if I like it

Being so tired after cold meds this sentence took five tries to get it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

jiltloop wrote: »
    I wish I could thank this more than once!

I also hate when you're walking down a narrow path and you meet a group walking 2 or 3 abreast and none of them budge to let you by. You nearly have to shoulder barge them to get by.

I had to stand at the top of a set of stairs in a shop at the weekend to allow a group of girls walk up three abreast.
    Perish they thought they might walk up single file.
    I was waiting for one of them to take the initiative to move over but it didn't happen so I just had to awkwardly stand there and wait for them to pass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Being rudely awoken from my nap by the man child shouting because he's not getting his way *cross face*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Weekday evening meetings.

Right so, Tuesday is girl child activity that goes on to 9.30 pm, Thursday boy child's activity until 9 pm, that leaves Monday evening and Wednesday evening to fit in "Community alert meetings" till 8/9 pm, and an extra "cubs" meeting just for parents' pleasure on the Monday evening, or Book Rental committee meetings ...

Have to go. :mad::mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Sort of TA - at the moment I'm sitting at a laptop, the time is in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, if I lift my eyes there's a digital clock on the window sill but I always look at my watch for the time!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

When you open a bulb of garlic and instead of a few decent sized cloves for some reason it's comprised of about thirty micro-cloves which are inevitably a pain in the hole to peel.

Also for some reason lately all the nets of brown onions I can get seem to be from some new midget variety, feckin tiny so they are (and no I did not accidentally but shallots :P )

And that will be all in terms of my Allium vegetable related gripes for now...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

So much to do, biteen stressed here. Not even a lot by any scale just a lot for my non-energetic non-motivated self. :/

Would love to get inside a G.P.'s mind sometimes. My G.P. is old-fashioned / old-school etc. They don't fire out the Meds like a lot of other Doctors do. Am just getting over Headcold, it's about 90%-ish gone. I knew I had / have a Chest Infection so I went in to get a Prescription for something to take for it. Nope nopey no. Whole lotta nopes. The day I went in I sounded like I had Baby Croup. But no. Fight it on my own was the diagnosis. My Lungs were clear apparently. Had and still have difficulty breathing and frog-in-throat thing. If I was given something to take for it I'm pretty sure I'd be 100% better now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AAAAAAAH BALLZZZZZ My Car won't start! :(:( Left the feicing Lights on 2 hours ago, was gonna go somewhere else, ran into House for a minute to get something but didn't bother going again, just went out to Car now and it won't start! Such luck! :( Anyone around Galway with Jump-leads?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When you open a bulb of garlic and instead of a few decent sized cloves for some reason it's comprised of about thirty micro-cloves which are inevitably a pain in the hole to peel.

Also for some reason lately all the nets of brown onions I can get seem to be from some new midget variety, feckin tiny so they are (and no I did not accidentally but shallots :P )

And that will be all in terms of my Allium vegetable related gripes for now...:pac:

I too have an Allium vegetable related gripe:( One of the onions out of the 3 pack I bought was complete rotten mush in the middle when I cut into it, though looked fine on the outside. The smell of it was putrid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

So much to do, biteen stressed here. Not even a lot by any scale just a lot for my non-energetic non-motivated self. :/

Would love to get inside a G.P.'s mind sometimes. My G.P. is old-fashioned / old-school etc. They don't fire out the Meds like a lot of other Doctors do. Am just getting over Headcold, it's about 90%-ish gone. I knew I had / have a Chest Infection so I went in to get a Prescription for something to take for it. Nope nopey no. Whole lotta nopes. The day I went in I sounded like I had Baby Croup. But no. Fight it on my own was the diagnosis. My Lungs were clear apparently.
    Had and still have difficulty breathing and frog-in-throat thing. If I was given something to take for it I'm pretty sure I'd be 100% better now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

A TA (though not particularly trivial) of mine; people demanding antibiotics regardless of what their professional doctor tells them and driving antibiotic resistance that could eventually kill the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Smoking my last real John player blue cigarette (old packaging) new ones taste awful why did they have to change the blend as well as the box :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Getting grilled by a pharmacy assistant when trying to buy the standard pack of painkillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

js35 wrote: »
    Smoking my last real John player blue cigarette (old packaging) new ones taste awful why did they have to change the blend as well as the box :(

Those new packets must be a serious TA for shop workers

Seven Worlds will Collide

Went to a taster session for cheerleading at uni here and I loved it! My TA's are twofold, if I try out and make it on the team, I'll be leaving at Christmas and won't get to perform at games (and won't get a uniform) My other TA is that college at home doesn't have cheerleaders so I'll probably never get to do it again :(

TA my "me" time in the evening into night goes way too fast.

Then you have these moments during the day that just last fo.re.ver.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Rubberlegs wrote:
    I too have an Allium vegetable related gripe One of the onions out of the 3 pack I bought was complete rotten mush in the middle when I cut into it, though looked fine on the outside. The smell of it was putrid

I've taken to squeezing all the onions in a net for telltale softness recently because I've been stung by so many of these this year. I feel like I should do my shopping with a wheeled cart and a headacarf and rollers.
    Aidric wrote:
    Getting grilled by a pharmacy assistant when trying to buy the standard pack of painkillers.

My mother got the third degree while buying Motilium for me last week. Motilium! The pharmacist asked her had I any bowel issues and my mum was like "Yes, she has diarrhoea, hence the need for the flippin Motilium".

1 day until my Phone is charged. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

1 day until my Phone is charged. Yay.

You can buy a new battery for your phone.

TA went to the garage and couldn't work the fuel pump-it was a new one. I had to ask some guy for help. I felt like a right moron especially when I saw an OAP using it with no issues.

• Advertisement

Hah. You obvs aren't aware of Charger-gate.. :o:pac: I wouldn't like to go introducing anything new to the mix! :D:D I'm prob. lucky the Phone is working / charging at all. At the rate I'm going there soon won't be anything at all working in me house! :( Although I may actually buy a new Phone Battery and have it in the house now that you mention it..

Roadworks right outside my building :(

Hah. You obvs aren't aware of Charger-gate.. :o:pac: I wouldn't like to go introducing anything new to the mix! :D:D I'm prob. lucky the Phone is working / charging at all. At the rate I'm going there soon won't be anything at all working in me house! :( Although I may actually buy a new Phone Battery and have it in the house now that you mention it..

af7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Woke up with a fit of coughing

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Been waiting on a discount code for a online store that I have a few things earmarked to buy.
    Discount code arrived today, size of all my items are sold out.
    F*ck this sh*t.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Woke up with a fit of coughing

Snap. Sucks doesn't it ??? Oh hello Nurofen Cold and Flu!

I'm out of milk too.

Any kind boardsie want to get me a drop. Don't want to dress up & go outside.

WFH in a tracksuit & tee-shirt.

I'm out of milk too.

Any kind boardsie want to get me a drop. Don't want to dress up & go outside.

WFH in a tracksuit & tee-shirt.

You're in a rabbit onesie aren't you ?

Come on, safe space Ted, you can tell us!

giphy.gif

Is Auto sharing her CCTV stream with you now

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

Is Auto sharing her CCTV stream with you now

Yes, but it's a secret so tell no one!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement