Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do I go for it?

• 22-09-2019 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm single a year now after 10 yr relationship. I was delighted to get out of.
    Anyway I went out with my friends back about 2 months ago and at the end of the night ended up chatted a a fella for ages. Mutual friend of a friend. He kept inviting me back to his for more drinks but I had 2 of my friends staying in my house. He walked up to the taxi rank and was lovely to me. My friends started giving out to me saying dont forget about us etc over the phone. So I ran away on this fella.
    So then I decided few days later I'm going to tinder so I did... low and behold who's my first match only this lad I was talking to the few nights before. So I msgd him. No response. The girls said he's on Facebook. I looked at that and hasn't been used in 2 yrs. So maybe he's not into social media??? I don't know.
    That night I pointed out where I worked and he said yeah I know I have seen you in there. I didn't believe him...
    Fast forward 3 weeks ago in he comes to do his business (I work in finance) twice. I have seen him look at me but I don't know if my confidence would bring me to go up to him.

Am I wasting my time or do the signs look good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

I think he wanted you to go home with him that night. The fact he hasn't spoken to you or replied to your message suggests to me that's all he was interested in. You've tried to contact him. The balls in his court but it sounds like he's not interested in engaging.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Don't get fixated on the first guy showing you interest. Especially as he just wanted you to go home with him.

Go on a few tinder dates with different people and just enjoy yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Febreeze

First of all, your friends need a bit of cop on and encouragement and support. Telling you to "not forgot about them" over text. If anything, they should be delighted you were speaking to someone and you made the point to still go back home knowing they were staying over.

Second of all, unfortunately the chap sounds like he honestly just wanted sleep over and that's that. I wouldn't go chasing. You're only out of a relationship and although getting attention is great, embrace it. Enjoy YOU and enjoy whatever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I wouldnt look into it too much, just because he was nice to you doesnt mean he wants to be with you, sounds like he just wanted you to go back to his for sex, if he was interested in more he would have taken your number before you left to arrange meeting up another time, if yous matched straight away, he would of have to of used tinder to match with you so he's probably active on it.

Advertisement