Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Did you have the "we're going out" talk with your OH?

• 18-09-2019 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious about this and people's feelings on it.

I haven't been single in the dating apps age but I don't recall ever having that conversation, certainly with my current partner things just naturally segued.

Would you assume exclusivity without that talk? Do you think it's necessary?

I've nothing against it like, clarity and honesty is good, it's just never been a feature of romance for me.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Myself and OH did meet on a dating app but neither of us particularly enjoyed that side of things - some people revel in meeting new people and going on countless dates but we were both looking for something long-term and the app was more of a necessary evil :P
    I can't remember when exactly but very early on he told me that he had deleted his profile, that he wasn't putting any pressure on me to do the same but wanted me to know that he wasn't looking for anyone else. As it happened I had already been thinking about it and did the same. So without us having used the word exclusive (I feel like that is a thing for younger people than us) I suppose that would count as the talk you referred to.

Somewhere in the back of my head I was thinking it was a strange conversation to be having but at the same time clarity was welcome and, I suppose, necessary these days.

Advertisement