Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE 2K20

• 31-07-2019 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

So, I guess i'll get this started off so.

Little info has been available up until now, but 2K have promised an info drop, including Cover Star info, on August 5th. In the meantime, they've dribbled out 2 screens for us to look at.WWE2K20_FirstScreens_BrockLesnar_SDH-16845-360.jpg
    WWE2K20_FirstScreens_Bayley-16846-360.jpg

I'm hoping they build on the momentum of last year's career mode, it was truly worth playing. I think as well, if they are keeping Universe Mode, it requires a huge overhaul.

I've little interest in a GM Mode myself, but i know its long requested by WWE Game fans. Be interesting to see what drops on August 5th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Trailer for 2k20 has leaked, floating around online for those who may wanna check it out, features
    Becky & Roman
    on the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Would whoever (I know who) make extra royalty money for being on the cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would whoever (I know who) make extra royalty money for being on the cover?

It's like a sponsorship deal, I suppose. If you're big enough to be wanted on the cover, you're big enough to demand payment for it.

Walmart has leaked the special edition content
    eFSQB5j.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Walmart has leaked the special edition content
    eFSQB5j.jpg

Where would be the best place to pre order the deluxe edition in Ireland? Is that even possible?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jk23 wrote: »
    Where would be the best place to pre order the deluxe edition in Ireland? Is that even possible?

GameStop I imagine

Or Smyths.

If you want it digitally, I found the Indonesian PSN to be (by far) the cheapest

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mixed match challenge confirmed by WWE for 2k20.

As is four horsewomen showcase and my career is both male and female this year.

I'm hoping for more than has been announced.

Women's MyCareer - meh
    WWE Originals - meh
    Towers mode (Roman Reigns) - meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Once again nothing about wwe games interests me.

Looking forward to the projected yukes game, where we might get a proper fun game instead of silly gimmicks

Seems Yukes have not been involved in the creation of this edition of the game.

First time in 20 years or something, it's all Visual Concepts on behalf of 2K.

Apparentlly, Yukes weren't happy with the output the last few years, and have set to make their own wrestling game, as a rival to the WWE series

• Registered Users Posts: 84,818 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Trailer for 2k20 has leaked, floating around online for those who may wanna check it out, features
    Becky & Roman
    on the cover.

Becky is having some year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The Fiend has been announced as one of the pre-order bonuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gave up these after 2k14 (12 year old me would be disgusted as I was a manic for wrestling games in years gone by). Think it was the controls been too complicated that made me said **** these games. It's the same for other games nowadays for me. All controls seem complicated

I got SD know ur role for my PS classic happy out with that ha. PS4 is collecting dust but want to keep it

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Gave up these after 2k14 (12 year old me would be disgusted as I was a manic for wrestling games in years gone by). Think it was the controls been too complicated that made me said **** these games. It's the same for other games nowadays for me. All controls seem complicated

I got SD know ur role for my PS classic happy out with that ha. PS4 is collecting dust but want to keep it

Well, apparently they are streamlining the controls this year to simplify them. Must be there's a lot of folks such as yourself that find them difficult.

The controls haven't changed a lot down through the years really though

First entrance reveal in a few hours. No doubt it'll be of a superstar that we've seen a million times before.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkJsfJwSKWE

Trying to embed this and it won't work for some reason.

Entrance is indentical to 2k19, other than the new hair and shorts colour

• Advertisement

Real lack of news on gameplay and roster is slightly worrying. Maybe just going to another lick of paint job...

jk23 wrote: »
    Real lack of news on gameplay and roster is slightly worrying. Maybe just going to another lick of paint job...

Like the last ten years so

Sirsok wrote: »
    Like the last ten years so

Hopefully Yukes will make another game, no competition for 2k

• Registered Users Posts: 84,818 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I always been a big defender of the 2k games from the "It's the same as Here comes the pain and not as good as No Mercy 64" group.

But this year I'm definitely not into it. The lack of news or hype seems like this really will be just a roster update. I also dread to think what the loot boxes will be like if NBA 2K is anything to go by.

I will pick it up if then game if it not a total crash at launch also like NBA 2K, but I will wait till it goes on sale. It always does pretty fast every year.

Hopefully there keeping quiet as some cool new stuff in the game or a quiet year for a major revamp next year, maybe with the PS5 coming out who knows.

jface187 wrote: »
    Hopefully there keeping quiet as some cool new stuff in the game or a quiet year for a major revamp next year, maybe with the PS5 coming out who knows.

See this is what this is annoying me. Just before WWE 2K19 came out everywhere reported this year would be quiet as the developers are going all out for WWE 2k20 and none of that happened by the looks of it. I’ve no hope for next year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Their marketing department really has done a píss poor job at promoting the game this year.
    Next to no info on updates to gameplay or features.
    All we've gotten are some entrance videos... about 10 seconds of boring gameplay footage a stupid amount of live action videos with wrestlers talking about how great it is to have a womens showcase or how great it is to be on the cover.

I've bought every wrestling game since WWF in Your House and I've never been less excited for the release of a WWE game.
    They'd want to have some serious aces up their sleeve for this game to be worth buying.. but it's out in about 4 weeks and there's no roster reveal or proper new features announced.

Won't even get into that "WWE Originals" content that they're hyping... Who, over the age of 10 wants to play as Treeman Bray Wyatt or Frankenstein's Monster Braun Strowman?!?

Haha true. I know idea where this "monster" version of the wrestlers demand has come from and who is looking forward to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

jface187 wrote: »
    Haha true. I know idea where this "monster" version of the wrestlers demand has come from and who is looking forward to it?

Kids, simple as that.

• Advertisement

They made these Monsters/Zombies toys for kids and didn't sell well. I'm not sure if it really appealing to kids. Also the lack of marketing on it probably not going to help.

Advertisement