Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PDC World Matchplay - July 20-28 Winter Gardens Blackpool

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Duzza is better version of Wade. Solid but not spectacular. I expect him to go on and win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't warm too wade at all hes a gob****e

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Christ this is dire. I'd give up watching except the last time I did that Wade staged a brilliant comeback. He's been absolute toss.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That last leg was torture.
    It's like an exhibition with 2 old players.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder is this format the reason for Durant and he could struggle in other ones like the grand prix or the worlds ???

Not taking anything any from him excellent darts this competition from him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Timistry

Well done Durrant! Looks like the man to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Wade really is a surly yoke happy Durrant won he seems a nice guy but probably wouldn't be rooting for him against the likes of wright or cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Jaysus Wade is an awful tosser!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

hard not to like duzza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

sc86 wrote: »
    hard not to like duzza
    Totally agree. While darts isn't exactly a sport played by the elite, I think all viewers can identify with the honest nature of Duzza. We're all Duzza, and I'll cry if he wins it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

he could be seeded for the worlds at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

hard not to like duzza

The Shane Lowry of darts :D

Be some party in Middlesborough if he wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

he could be seeded for the worlds at this rate
    I think he's on course for rank 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Duzza comes across as someone who now realises how good he actually is.. Fair enough you don't win 3 World titles been a bad thrower regardless of the organisation you throw for. But i think he went through a period over the last 4 years wondering if he was good enough for the PDC and I think he knows now that he really is.. It's a pity he didn't make the move over sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Bunting hasn't got the cojones to do this

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Serious fight back from Bunting. 9-4 down to 10-10. You have to give him huge credit.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Serious fight back from Bunting. 9-4 down to 10-10. You have to give him huge credit.

He'll choke at the end. Too many scores under 60. He cant cope when hit with a barrage of 140s

Fair play to Bunting whatever happens he’s played really well. Nice if he wins but better for tournament if Cross wins it

TbL

I like Bunting, but Cross has been unbelievable

Hopefully Bunting will take heart from that performance and get back to playing decent darts again. Unlucky lad.

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Another fantastic match.

Really has been a great tournament so far. Best I’ve seen in a long time.

Who's place will Duzza take in the Premier league next year? Suljovic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 fqollere

This is good

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Who's place will Duzza take in the Premier league next year? Suljovic?

Barney :)

TbL

Wright's up to his old tricks. Like Bunting. Gets too nervous when it counts

You've got to have the eye of the tiger. Wright doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Class match.

Gurneys finishing won the day.

Great match alright. Mad to think that Wright was 1-3 with the bookies before the match. A great nights entertainment.

Wright was brilliant and awful, he struggled to finish many out shots between 50-100 and Gurney seemed to excel on them and picked him off.

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Good nights darts deserved winners something about gurney tho he is hard to take to.

Advertisement