Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mosney

Options
  • 03-04-2019 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Was floating around Bettystown, bit of Portrane and even got up as far as Mosney last weekend. Went there every summer as child. Wonder what it would be like if they opened it back up ? Part of me thinks it would be absolute carnage, but
    part of me also thinks it could still be like the old days. Few pints in Dan Lowry's and a sing song. Followed by insurance claims and gang violence.

At least I have the memories....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hal, many thanks for bringing back many happy memories.

We went there as a family, often with other families, from Derry every summer for maybe 5 or 6 years.

It was a wonderful place, the freedom, the parks, the pool, the wee magazine shop underground, the sports days in the big fields.

Not sure it would work now though. People have got a lot more fussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Great memories of that place . For some reason I loved the whale ride in the carnival . Little mini whales with a control so you could go up or down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

We went there a couple of times. O & O's chatted about this back in 2016:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100397776

Might have more memories for you there,

Advertisement