Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA League Pass

• 13-10-2018 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hope this isn’t against the rules of the thread.

For those interested in NBA league pass, it’s possible to buy a subscription through an Indian VPN for a fraction of the cost and get full access.

You need to activate your VPN for buying league pass first day and again every time you open the app, once you have opened the app you can turn off the VPN so that your not using much data through the VPN, this way a free VPN should suffice.

A yearly subscription is usually over €200 and it can be got for approximately €11.50 for the year or €1.17 for the monthly package through the Indian site. Fantastic bargain at this price!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

enaeknala1 wrote: »

For those interested in NBA league pass, it’s possible to buy a subscription through an Indian VPN for a fraction of the cost and get full access.

You need to activate your VPN for buying league pass first day and again every time you open the app, once you have opened the app you can turn off the VPN so that your not using much data through the VPN, this way a free VPN should suffice.

A yearly subscription is usually over €200 and it can be got for approximately €11.50 for the year or €1.17 for the monthly package through the Indian site. Fantastic bargain at this price!

This is what I’m doing this year. Worked out €12.99 + free tunnel bear and works a charm.

Can’t imagine it will work this way for too long though. The NFL have far better security against this so assume NBA will follow suit soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭iancairns

Thanks for the amazing tip. Do you mane an actual Indian VPN provider or from any VPN and rooted through Indian. Any recommendations? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Raoul

I had posted this in the season thread should have posted here.

What do you get on the league pass app exactly? I am trying to get into NBA this season. I was hoping that it would have a highlights show that I could watch but it looks like I can only watch that if I watch it within one day of it being shown.

bot43 wrote: »

This is what I’m doing this year. Worked out €12.99 + free tunnel bear and works a charm.

Can’t imagine it will work this way for too long though. The NFL have far better security against this so assume NBA will follow suit soon.
    Trying this at the moment. So I turn on Tunnelbear. Set it to India and then when I go to NBA League Pass page I see a yearly offer of €11 or something? That how it works?

Nice! Think I have it working. Hope it lasts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭SPACE COWBOY

Hi enaeknala1,

Thanks for the tip! This has worked for me. Chromecast it to the TV.
    I was used to having all the NBA on BT sports for the last few years.
    I get BT sports free on both my Sky+ HD boxes as I have Eir broadband. Sorry to see it go over to Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Couple of questions on NBA league pass (just signing up for Blazers games only).

Will there be blackouts during ad breaks? Presumably the coverage/commentary will come from a regional broadcaster (NBC sports NW) who shows all the teams games?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hodors Applecart

So VPNs no longer work for India it appears due to some change in legislation. So the India walk around is no more.

Anyone know any other vpn company which has India? Nord and TunnelBear do not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not sure what the point of "No Spoilers" mode is if they are just going to splash a banner all over the app with a news story containing the result of the games in the headline.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I believe mine just renewed automatically but getflix has an India option on its VPN, but I had to set my Getflix region to US to get the app to work for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement