Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to America for a UFC Event - Advice, Tips, Costs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Na they handle significant events should be ok.

Searching for multiple price tickets same time not going to be as easy as ticketmaster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I must say I feel a small bit unprepared for this evening – back when Ticketmaster did the selling you could atleast have your account fully set up with the correct credit cards and you could ensure everything was up to date for when the tickets went on sale. My account on this website is just  a blank canvas basically. Small bit nervous about that but hopefully we all get over the line, I’m sure we will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Just an FYI lads make sure you are ok to buy on an international site with whatever card you are using. With 205 i couldnt buy with my laser but could with my credit card.

Check your cc limit also. Although might stop you getting carried away in the sale having it low enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good luck lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Petermc83

fingers crossed lads!!! myself and 2 of my mates will be at the keyboards at 5:59pm...
    Not going to book flights and hotel until we have the fight tickets secured. What are the general thoughts for everyone else who is travelling?

Petermc83 wrote: »
    fingers crossed lads!!! myself and 2 of my mates will be at the keyboards at 5:59pm...
    Not going to book flights and hotel until we have the fight tickets secured. What are the general thoughts for everyone else who is travelling?

If you're any bit organised then getting the tickets should not be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Petermc83

dulux99 wrote: »
    If you're any bit organised then getting the tickets should not be an issue.

Im a fight club member and it hasnt let me down for all the events i have been to yet anyways.

Petermc83 wrote: »
    Im a fight club member and it hasnt let me down for all the events i have been to yet anyways.

Me either, confidence in experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

For anyone that has used this site before. The button is greyed out for tickets doesn't let you click it. Do we refresh the page at 6 and then buy the tickets that way. Normally with Ticketmaster ya can just press buy the second it hits 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Best of luck lads. Hoping to get anything up to the $355 bracket. Any tips on filtering prices on this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Do a test run on some random concert on axs so you know where to click!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MichaelDevlin

having problems with the axs webiste while doing a test run. it doesnt seem to scroll on firefox or chrome when the seating chart loads up. I tried using internet explorer but the website is all over the place on that site

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What doesn't scroll the page or the seating map?

If you have your mouse over the seating map the page itself isnt going to scroll as the map takes over the functionality - move the mouse away from the seating map if you want to scroll the webpage.

Hopefully seat map is available, wouldn't be surprised if not available at start.

Just had a test run there that website is a shambles all together :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Just had a test run there that website is a shambles all together :(

Works absolutely fine in chrome and firefox for me, what issue did you have?

Axwell wrote: »
    Works absolutely fine in chrome and firefox for me, what issue did you have?

I've never used it before so I'm just used to how user friendly Ticketmaster is that ya can select a ticket by what price it is.

Only thing I can find on Axs is a filter price range. That's going to take time not long but tickets for this will be a matter of seconds. Also it doesn't give the option to click buy tickets so that means we need to refresh at 6pm the page so it's not greyed out. And I'm not sure where we put the code in. With Ticketmaster you put the code in and have you mouse hovering over buy tickets and click it the second it hits 6.

If you know if what I'm saying is wrong please let us know how to do it right as I'm stressing now! Ha

Those dont mean the website is crap or doesnt work, you just havent used it before and arent familiar with it - totaly different thing. It is going to take you the same time to do things as anyone else.

People posting the website is broken or doesnt work are just casuing panic for other people when its not the case.

I've never used it before so I'm just used to how user friendly Ticketmaster is that ya can select a ticket by what price it is.

Only thing I can find on Axs is a filter price range. That's going to take time not long but tickets for this will be a matter of seconds. Also it doesn't give the option to click buy tickets so that means we need to refresh at 6pm the page so it's not greyed out. And I'm not sure where we put the code in. With Ticketmaster you put the code in and have you mouse hovering over buy tickets and click it the second it hits 6.

If you know if what I'm saying is wrong please let us know how to do it right as I'm stressing now! Ha

Its not too bad, I'm sure i'll have some excuse to curse it at 6.05 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Quick AXS question. I have a mate in work who's going to be online for me too trying to get tickets. Should he create his own account or sign into mine?

Axwell wrote: »
    Those dont mean the website is crap or doesnt work, you just havent used it before and arent familiar with it - totaly different thing. It is going to take you the same time to do things as anyone else.

People posting the website is broken or doesnt work are just casuing panic for other people when its not the case.

Can you explain how to use it please? Where do we put in fight club code and do we need to refresh at 6pm?

AXS website is good IMO.

I recently used it and secured tickets for an event with about ten times the demand for tickets than this will have. It wasn’t flawless, but there was no messing and despite the demand the site held up throughout although it did slow down.

From experience, I’ve used AXS a few times in the last number of years and there’s never been a seat map with them. You get an option to select your price range and they’ll give you the “best available” at that price point.

Regarding the fight club code, when you go to select tickets there’ll likely be a “presale code” or similar option where you then input your code before unlocking access to the tickets.

Alternatively, whenever I’ve used fight club before, if you go the ticket sales option there there’s usually a link to follow directly to the ticket seller from there which can sometimes negate having to put in your code on the site as it’s done automatically through that.

Keep calm and don’t go for the cheapest few brackets, and you’ll be sorted. I’m yet to speak to anyone with a fight club code who isn’t trying for the cheapest tickets that hasn’t got tickets via fight club presales and that includes monumental events such as MSG and UFC 200.

Can you explain how to use it please? Where do we put in fight club code and do we need to refresh at 6pm?

How do you expect me to know these things? I don't work for them.
    But by simply looking at the webpage there is a button there on the page that says fight club presale - and another if you don't have fight club click membership. Click whichever one applies to you and it brings you to a page where the button isn't available yet - refresh it at 6pm and follow the steps.

Its well laid out out well and easy to follow so im sure you will see everything on the screen you need to see at the time.

I'm not even buying tickets - but had a look when posters are saying it doesn't work and its shambles, but the site works fine. People just aren't familiar with it or not used to using it.

Just had a quick look and all seems well layed out to me.

When you click into the UFC 229 page on the AXS site there’s a “Fight Club Presale” option.

Refresh your browser just before they go on sale, click that, they’ll ask you for your code, input your code and you’re in.

If it follows the AXS model as normal, you’ll then be asked to select your price bracket but no seat map selection for a specific seat. When you select your price bracket it will show you a seating map with the sections you can be given at that price. If you’re happy with the potential options hit confirm and they'll give you “best available” from what they’ve shown previously. At this point, take what you’re given and don’t mess around.

Job done.

Paully D wrote: »
    AXS website is good IMO.

I recently used it and secured tickets for an event with about ten times the demand for tickets than this will have. It wasn’t flawless, but there was no messing and despite the demand the site held up throughout although it did slow down.

From experience, I’ve used AXS a few times in the last number of years and there’s never been a seat map with them. You get an option to select your price range and they’ll give you the “best available” at that price point.

Regarding the fight club code, when you go to select tickets there’ll likely be a “presale code” or similar option where you then input your code before unlocking access to the tickets.

Alternatively, whenever I’ve used fight club before, if you go the ticket sales option there there’s usually a link to follow directly to the ticket seller from there which can sometimes negate having to put in your code on the site as it’s done automatically through that.

Keep calm and don’t go for the cheapest few brackets, and you’ll be sorted. I’m yet to speak to anyone with a fight club code who isn’t trying for the cheapest tickets that hasn’t got tickets via fight club presales and that includes monumental events such as MSG and UFC 200.

How cheap you reckon for cheapest tickets? I'm hoping for 350 ones I know theirs not much chance for the cheapest ones

AXS website is good IMO.

Out of pure nosiness what feckin event had 10 times the demand of this?!

dulux99 wrote: »
    Out of pure nosiness what feckin event had 10 times the demand of this?!

BTS.

Seriously. Google them.

Nearly broke my fúcking heart over it and no, they weren’t for me! :pac:

BTS.

Seriously. Google them.

Nearly broke my fúcking heart over it and no, they weren’t for me! :pac:

And Conor thinks he sells out arenas...jaysus

Lads - you can enter a 'waiting room' on the event page now - follow this link and there's an option for it
    https://www.axs.com/events/356860/ufc-229-khabib-vs-mcgregor-tickets?skin=tmobile