Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-11-2017, 17:18   #46
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

More ****ing hype, career mode definitely seems to be on the right track!!!

Also looks like a new tournament mode to customise a friend's tourney, badly needed.

Quote:
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3

There is information about UT, Career mode and the new features. Also i see a beta sign up.

EARN YOUR WAY TO THE UFC

Earn your way to the big show by starting your career in the World Fighting Alliance. Your performance there will determine your path to the UFC. Make an impression when Dana White comes looking for new talent and you'll quickly find yourself in the UFC ranks. Otherwise, more time in the WFA, or a stint on The Ultimate Fighter, might be required to hone your skills.
Once you sign your first UFC contract, your ability to accomplish the objectives set out for you determines the quality of your next contract. Better contracts means more cash, and more cash lets you unlock better training gyms where you can develop your fighter.
Choose from 10 unique training gyms, each with its own fighting discipline specialty, roster of real UFC training partners, and unique moves and perks for you to unlock. Gym loyalty can have its rewards, but to truly grow as a fighter, sometimes change is necessary.

PROMOTE YOUR FIGHTS AND BUILD RIVALRIES

Balancing your time between training to improve your performance, and promoting to increase your popularity, is integral to your success. Too much time spent growing your fan base can leave you outmatched inside the Octagon and being a gym rat can make you a winning fighter no one cares about. As you progress through your career new promotional opportunities will present themselves, or be thrust upon you as you become a star in the UFC. Every opportunity helps you gain fans and increase Fight Hype for your upcoming bout.
No matter what stage you're at in your UFC career, there is always someone looking to make their name by taking you out. These rivals will call you out through the new in-game social media system. Your responses affect your popularity and the growing hype for a fight in your future.

BECOME THE G. O. A. T.

From your initial fight in the World Fighting Allegiance to your first UFC title bout, your actions both inside and outside the Octagon will shape your career.
Along your journey to become the greatest of all time, the stories behind the biggest moments in your career are told through new in-game cinematics, including authentic UFC programs like “Bad Blood” and “UFC Minute” hosted by Megan Olivi. Experience the thrill of seeing yourself in your first UFC PPV promo and watch the confrontations at press conferences and weigh-ins between you and your biggest rivals.
In the new G.O.A.T. Career Mode, each and every choice you make will impact your legacy to become the greatest of all time.

Last edited by Zero-Cool; 03-11-2017 at 17:23.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-11-2017, 17:27   #47
Axwell

Megan Olivi added to the game..SOLD
03-11-2017, 20:37   #48
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Turns out there was a big hands on yesterday and some previews out today.

I read as well as KO mode, there are 2 new modes to go with it 'stand and bang' and 'ultimate Submission'. I was mad for a grapple only mode on the last one and I'm telling ye lads, having a specific grappling only mode will really up your ground game. Also I can't wait to have actual jiu-jitsu fights now!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ampaign=buffer
(2) thanks from:
03-11-2017, 20:42   #49
martyos121

Reading that summary of Career Mode makes it sound like one massive dig at Mghty Mouse.

“Here’s all the stuff you could be doing to promote yourself outside the cage, or you could just like, keep practising and become a great fighter that nobody wants to watch.”
(3) thanks from:
03-11-2017, 21:41   #50
D.Q

The concept of power attacks leaving you more vulnerable is very welcome.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-11-2017, 08:38   #51
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Some pics from the trailer.

04-11-2017, 19:54   #52
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Great analysis video from a game tester who was invited to play it a few months back. The vulnerabilities, new movement and lack of parries make it look like the striking will be next level altogether.

04-11-2017, 20:30   #53
stephenl15

Buzzing for this
05-11-2017, 13:07   #54
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

A new video was shown last night during 217. Some nice moves and graphics in this.

217 spoilers below!!!

Dev confirmed you can get finishes just like Spoiler: TJ and Rose KO's.

He said because of the new vulnerabilities, there will be lot more flash KO's until people stop throwing big moves and start fighting smart.

1 of the MMA media mentioned he had about 30 fights and it didn't go decision once. Sounds like you will have to defend properly and hold back on the spinning **** which is great. EA didn't want flash KO's in the last game because people would complain about it being unfair. I'm glad they implemented a system to now explain it.

(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-11-2017, 18:42   #55
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

I just saw a pic on twitter that if you go into EA UFC 2 main menu, there should be a section to buy the champ champ edition of 3 at 10% discount. I'm internetless atm so can't check it. Not sure if it's just US or Europe too.
06-11-2017, 19:03   #56
Axwell

That footage reminded me of something else that annoyed me in EA UFC. The lack of the ability to apply a submission or sweep off your back to a standing opponent. In one of the previous games, think it was the original UFC games you could apply a sub off your back. So if you get dropped and you are on your back for example and someone comes over and is just constantly kicking you while you are on the ground you could apply a sub/sweep. Or you could also just drop to your back and try lure them in for the same. In the current one if you are dropped and end up on your back they usually just walk over and start repeatedly soccer kicking you and you have no real action apart from trying to block these or stand up.
06-11-2017, 21:33   #57
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Yeah you should be able to pull guard again and have quicker transitions in subs.

Got it confirmed that you can get a 10% discount off the Champion Edition of 3 if you buy it through EA UFC 2. That makes it 81 euro instead of 90, only 11 more than the regular version.

Other psn stores in different countries actually let you know this if you try to buy it. I've put in a refund request with Sony anyway so I can get it again on discount, will see what they say.
06-11-2017, 21:44   #58
martyos121

Only problem with that is if you bought it originally from a foreign store like I did (Canada I think), you can’t get that offer in the game while logged into your Irish account. Will only affect a tiny amount of people but it’s still annoying, there’s no point in me getting the Champ Champ Edition when the bonus content that comes with it will be locked to my foreign account that I never use.
06-11-2017, 21:51   #59
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Yeah the us and Canada stores are selling it way cheaper than Irish but I put the free premium packs in UFC 2 to good use so didn't mind paying the extra to get on Irish store but I definitely want that 10% discount.
07-11-2017, 08:51   #60
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

I got my refund off Sony, that was quick! But they put it back into my wallet instead of credit card, hope they can still move it back.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion