Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Xenophile wrote: »
    If this is true he should be banned for life, even as a spectator at all GAA matches!

I was standing no more than 10 yards away and my father, who is not a young man, had to physically hold me back until I calmed down, it 100% happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

danganabu wrote: »

What's wrong with Heffernan? Do you have any examples?

Oh too many to mention, and I have first hand experience.

Two managers have left Nenagh in the past 4 years as a result of him. He's role in the Toomevara scrap this year was embarrassing, he roared personal abuse at an opponent two years ago who had lost a family member to suicide, and did something similar to a Templederry player last year although not as personal.

There have been numerous incidents down the years during his involvement with Nenagh Vocational school as well.

Not being smart at all and maybe from the outside the results are impressive (don't actually think they are myself considering the talent produced) but there is less than a zero chance of him being involved with Tipp, there is a very substantial number of people involved in the Nenagh club who want him out and if it weren't for Tommy, Michael and Barry he would be gone long ago.
    Just putting this out there, maybe....just maybe... to play devil's advocate....that's the hard edge, win-at-all-costs attitude, we're missing?

I don't think Nenagh are particularly talented - as fast skillful players....yes - but - in particular they lack physical players in the forwards - and all over the field they lack ball winners really - he produced a game plan in my eyes that got the best out of them...

Just putting this out there, maybe....just maybe... to play devil's advocate....that's the hard edge, win-at-all-costs attitude, we're missing?

I don't think Nenagh are particularly talented - as fast skillful players....yes - but - in particular they lack physical players in the forwards - and all over the field they lack ball winners really - he produced a game plan in my eyes that got the best out of them...

Regarding the talent, I was really just going on the talent that they produce under age, before this year they had won 11 minor titles in a row ( guess who stoped them :D:D) and basically reaped nothing from it, one single county title in the clubs history for a club their size is a shocking under achievement.

I would argue that game plan was in place well before Minny got the reigns, he had no meaningful input under the previous managers, they haven't actually won anything either and were beaten in 4 championship matches last year.

Regarding the talent, I was really just going on the talent that they produce under age, before this year they had won 11 minor titles in a row ( guess who stoped them :D:D) and basically reaped nothing from it, one single county title in the clubs history for a club their size is a shocking under achievement.

I would argue that game plan was in place well before Minny got the reigns, he had no meaningful input under the previous managers, they haven't actually won anything either and were beaten in 4 championship matches last year.
    But, have the county final numerous times...
    Previous managers were disasterous?

But, have the county final numerous times...

Not under Minnie they haven't, 2013 was under the management of Sean Tracey and last year was the only other one they got to since about 10 years ago when they sh*t the load against Toom and Johnno beat then on his own. Minnie had nothing to do with that team either.

• Advertisement

Last year the got beat by Thurles by a point in the quarters...

Minnie's been involved for three years...at least

Knocked out by a point each year...

Minnie has been involved for 7 or 8 years, its just most of the time he was no more than the kit man!

Nenagh will always do well against the likes of Thurles, who are basically a better version of Nenagh, skillfull, easy on the eye, lots of talent on paper but ultimately flatter to deceive.

You're obviously a fan and we are not going to agree, but I absolutely guarantee he will never have anything to do with Tipp, under any circumstances.

Minnie has been involved for 7 or 8 years, its just most of the time he was no more than the kit man!

Nenagh will always do well against the likes of Thurles, who are basically a better version of Nenagh, skillfull, easy on the eye, lots of talent on paper but ultimately flatter to deceive.

You're obviously a fan and we are not going to agree, but I absolutely guarantee he will never have anything to do with Tipp, under any circumstances.
    I'm not a fan necessarily... - he's produced three sons who can hurl to a massive level...whatever that means - I'm just putting his credentials on the table in comparison to Stakelum who has been given a role...
    I wouldn't downgrade Nenagh either - they've been closer, than Toome and lots of other clubs, to Drom, Thurles and Loughmore over the years - so they are a top club in Tipp even if they don't have the silverware to back it up - they're doing something right...

Plus, they're a young side with a sprinkling of veterans...

I'm trying to get my head around Stakelum as opposed to others on the scene...

[font=Arial, sans-serif]TipperaryGAA[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] 0-14 [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]@cbsthurles[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] 1-7 FT.[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Tributes flood in for former Tipp hurling star

18 Jan, 2016

Tributes are being paid to former Tipp hurler Billy Quinn who has passed away.
    title
    The Rossestown native won 2 All Irelands and 3 Munster minor medals with the Premier County in the 1950s.

He was also captain of the Tipp minors when they won back-to-back Munster and All Ireland titles while Billy also won Croke Cup, Dean Ryan and Harty Cup medals with Thurles C.B.S.

His son Niall had a very successful career as an International soccer player with Ireland.

80 year old Billy Quinn is survived by his wife Mary, son Niall and daughters Geri, Rosaleen and Anne-Marie.

He will be laid to rest in Ballinure following funeral mass tomorrow in St Mary’s Church, Killenaule.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Richie power has retired.always hated the ed sheeran fanta head on him but the man was a serious hurler and more than a thorn in our sides.could win his own ball and had pace to burn and wonderfully skillful.hopfully his injurys dont affect him to badly in later life.

Tipperary v mary i college this sunday at 2pm in boherlahann

buggy beag wrote: »
    Richie power has retired.always hated the ed sheeran fanta head on him but the man was a serious hurler and more than a thorn in our sides.could win his own ball and had pace to burn and wonderfully skillful.hopfully his injurys dont affect him to badly in later life.

He was a top top player. One of the best hurlers to watch

He was a top top player. One of the best hurlers to watch

Yep pain in the left one but he had it all.pace,power,skill and an eye for goal.hopefully the knees dont affect him to much in later life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Live on TG4...................................Saturday 13th.February.

LIVE - Ballyboden St Endas (Dublin) v Clonmel Commercials (Tipperary), O’Moore Park, Portlaoise, at 4:30pm

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Two late changes for Tipperary v Mary I- Daire Quinn and Andrew Coffey for Willie Ryan and Steven O’Brien

TippSH v Mary I–Hogan;Cahill,Hamill,ODwyer; WRyan,Heffernan,Br Maher; Breen,Fitzelle; SOBrien,Bonner,Morris; LMcGrath,Kenny,JMcGrath

Two late changes for Tipperary v Mary I- Daire Quinn and Andrew Coffey for Willie Ryan and Steven O’Brien

TippSH v Mary I–Hogan;Cahill,Hamill,ODwyer; WRyan,Heffernan,Br Maher; Breen,Fitzelle; SOBrien,Bonner,Morris; LMcGrath,Kenny,JMcGrath

Tipperary 7-29
    Mary Immaculate College 0-6

Scorers for Tipperary: John McGrath 1-7 (0-4f), Conor Kenny 2-2, Patrick Maher 2-1, Kieran Morris 1-3, Noel McGrath 1-1, Dylan Fitzell, Liam McGrath & Andrew Coffey 0-3 each, Jason Forde 0-2, Brendan Maher, Michael Breen, Dan McCormack, Daire Quinn 0-1 each.

Tipperary 7-29
    Mary Immaculate College 0-6

Scorers for Tipperary: John McGrath 1-7 (0-4f), Conor Kenny 2-2, Patrick Maher 2-1, Kieran Morris 1-3, Noel McGrath 1-1, Dylan Fitzell, Liam McGrath & Andrew Coffey 0-3 each, Jason Forde 0-2, Brendan Maher, Michael Breen, Dan McCormack, Daire Quinn 0-1 each.

• Advertisement

Was in liverpool for the weekend so missed todays game so unbelievable result considering mary i were one of the favs for the colleges cup.were tipp that good?

I wouldn't read too much into it - very early doors. Some interesting positional switches, though - Breen and Fitzell at midfield. Hamill at full back - Brendan Maher at wing back...

I wouldn't read too much into it - very early doors. Some interesting positional switches, though - Breen and Fitzell at midfield. Hamill at full back - Brendan Maher at wing back...

Has hamill filled out any bit et?

He has a ways to go...

He might go a bit better at full...not saying he's a starter but i don't think he has the pace for center back.

He has a ways to go...

He might go a bit better at full...not saying he's a starter but i don't think he has the pace for center back.

We might have two McGraths in the corners this year - and neither of them might be Noel...

That's if Bubbles is picked further out...

We might have two McGraths in the corners this year - and neither of them might be Noel...

That's if Bubbles is picked further out...

I see ger alyward is out for the season with a cruciate i think.with power retiring as well they might be short of options up front then again probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

buggy beag wrote: »
    I see ger alyward is out for the season with a cruciate i think.with power retiring as well they might be short of options up front then again probably not.

no way. They've plenty options. they're like weeds in a garden, one's gone and another one sprouts up the next day.

Cracking player....real wristy hurler, low centre of gravity. has the potential to be one of the greats.

• Advertisement

it's usually 6 to 8 months for a cruciate - depends on the healing power of the player. He might miss Leinster and then be back...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement