Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boxing betting thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

The first two rounds are "feel out" rounds, I'd be surprised if much happened and for me 6/4 isn't rewarding enough odds for a two round bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Don't doubt the Magma! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I said it wouldn't go past 1 rd. Richard Keys on boxnation is a dick. Audley got caught by a very good shot and lost, Richard. As Price says, it's the nature of the game.

Well done kid! Jesus that fella' s laughable.

FTA69 wrote: »
    Well done kid! Jesus that fella' s laughable.

Audley is always reliable. :pac: He's made me a fortune!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

walshb wrote: »
    I said it wouldn't go past 1 rd. Richard Keys on boxnation is a dick. Audley got caught by a very good shot and lost, Richard. As Price says, it's the nature of the game.

Keys is getting grief for being Richard Keys.

He is a prat but I cannot for the life of me understand slating anyone for questioning the farce that is giving Harrison another large purse.

In that segment, Keys shone the light on the farce that can be pro boxing.

The nature of the game? Seems to be the nature of the game for Harrison to fold in round one or two of every big fight he has.

And no doubt we'll get his guff again about his destiny etc.... and he'll earn another purse.

Enough is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Anybody got a link? please

Keys is getting grief for being Richard Keys.

He is a prat but I cannot for the life of me understand slating anyone for questioning the farce that is giving Harrison another large purse.

In that segment, Keys shone the light on the farce that can be pro boxing.

The nature of the game? Seems to be the nature of the game for Harrison to fold in round one or two of every big fight he has.

And no doubt we'll get his guff again about his destiny etc.... and he'll earn another purse.

Enough is enough

It's the way he went about it. Can I ask, what if Audley had been badly injured from that shot, brain damaged even. Would Richard think the same. The guy got KO'd. Nothing about disrepute. Audley is like many other boxers going on too long. But, that is a different discussion. Keys was slating the man for getting knocked out as much as anything else Stupid. That is why Price was baffled. He may as well said the same thing to Price. "David, you brought the sport into disrepute by getting knocked out in your last fight."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

It's the way he went about it. Can I ask, what if Audley had been badly injured from that shot, brain damaged even. Would Richard think the same. The guy got KO'd. Nothing about disrepute. Audley is like many other boxers going on too long. But, that is a different discussion. Keys was slating the man for getting knocked out as much as anything else Stupid. That is why Price was baffled. He may as well said the same thing to Price. "David, you brought the sport into disrepute by getting knocked out in your last fight."

The guys has been getting KO'd early in every one of his big fights. Its not like a Roy Jones situation where you are talking about a former legend who cannot step away.

This is a bloke who has consistently bluffed his way into big fights without every doing anything of substance in the pro game. Its embarrassing for the sport, I think that was Keys gripe rather than personally attacking Harrison.

If Audley got badly hurt then you would have to point the finger at his team and also the promoters who dangle the carrot in front of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

I think he was having a pop at the fact its a farce having Audley collect another purse despite showing he folds in all of his big fights. It makes a joke of the sport.

As for saying the same to Price? If Price is KO'd in the first or second round of his next 3 or 4 fights then people will start to question his ability and long term future in the sport.

Harrison is a good salesman ill give him that

• Advertisement

Like I said, it was the way Keys went about it. Showed complete lack of respect for a man risking his life in the ring. Audley boxing on is something that should be questioned, and criticised. Audley getting knocked out, sorry, stopped, by a heavy handed and big man is a different issue. Keys was attacking Audley for this. That is why Price disagreed.

Floyd on points, Mares on points.
    1.36/1.

More worried about the Mares one not coming in that Floyd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

I fancy a mayweather K.o demolishion job for some reason anyone got a price?

SRFC wrote: »
    I fancy a mayweather K.o demolishion job for some reason anyone got a price?

Check www.oddschecker.com

I'd advice against it myself. Mayweather is 36, he can't pull the trigger like he used to. He was never much of a puncher at welterweight either. Stopped Hatton and that's it really. Ortiz shot doesn't count for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

I dunno ..... floyd is a lot stronger physically these days.
    He's also willing to engage a bit more, so I'm thinking Floyd between round 9 - 12 if I can get a good price on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭megadodge

He's engaging simply because he has to. His legs just ain't as good as they were. Still think he'll win on points though. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Froch v Kessler.
    Fight to go the distance. 4/6 on Betfair! :cool:

I think 11/8 on a Froch decision is great odds as well.

I think 11/8 on a Froch decision is great odds as well.

The home advantage of Froch will be a big factor. He'll be given any close rounds.

I think with unbiased judging Kessler should win on points but a Froch points win is likelier imo.

The golden rule in boxing betting is:

Always bet against Buddy McGirt's fighters.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

The odds have come in even more on Froch. Kessler is now 9/4 to win this fight. Serious odds for those who think he's going to do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭el flaco

Paddy Power are doing refunds on certain bets if the fight ends in the first 3 rounds.

el flaco wrote: »
    Paddy Power are doing refunds on certain bets if the fight ends in the first 3 rounds.

Some hope of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

9/ 4 some nice odds there might put a few quid on Kessler so i think Froch will do it but i wouldnt say he is a 9/ 4 favourite over Kessler think i might actually but my money on Kessler to win by KO if he does win i feel it will be by a KO dont think he will get a close decition in England Kessler KO best bet to make i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

Got this email from patrick power...
    If the fight ends within 3 rounds, Paddy will roll with the punches and refund losing bets on Round and Group Round Betting markets!
    And...
    Nothing to seperate the two
    Saturday's rematch between WBA super-middleweight champion Mikel Kessler and the IBF super-middleweight champion Carl Froch looks set to be a classic. And we don't mean this in a slimey marketing "everything is great, come buy our stuff" kind of way either.

Their first fight was close with Kessler winning a tough battle on the judge's scorecards. Froch believes had it not been held in Kessler's home country of Denmark the decision could have gone the other way. Saturday's fight is in London so now Froch has home-advantage.. He's also the favourite in the betting at 1/2 but in reality there's little to separate them

- They're both three time world champions at super-middleweight.
    - They've both lost just twice in their careers.
    - They've both been beaten by Andre Ward.

- Kessler is 6ft, Froch is 6ft 1 inch.
    - Kessler has a 74 inch reach, Froch's is 74 ½ inches.
    - Froch has 22 knock-outs from 30 wins (73.3%).
    - Kessler has 35 knock-outs from 46 wins (76%)

Kessler is even friends with Froch's mum. This isn't a cheap insinuation, they actually get on really well.

Both men are in their prime and if they perform to the levels they have been in recent years, this could be one of the fights of the year. If there is a shock finish early on Paddy Power has you covered, we'll refund selected losing bets if the fight finishes in the first three rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

What is the thinking of 2/1 for kessler win?

Think he outclasses froch, but whether or not he has the appetite for it remains to be seen.

I think in reality this fight should be much closer than the odds represent.

However, with English location and heavy UK betting the weight of the betting money is stacked on Froch.

In a level field I would price the fight as follows:
    Froch - 8/11 : Kessler - 11/8

Lets see what happens

Marco Huck is 11/10 to win a decision over Ola Afolabi. Decent odds in my opinion. They're both tough nuts and I'd expect it to go decision again with Huck having too much for Afolabi I'd say.

Marco Huck is 11/10 to win a decision over Ola Afolabi. Decent odds in my opinion. They're both tough nuts and I'd expect it to go decision again with Huck having too much for Afolabi I'd say.

Too easy to make money off the bookies these days!

11/4 on a Broner decision is the next bet.

• Advertisement

Too easy to make money off the bookies these days!

11/4 on a Broner decision is the next bet.

That's a lovely looking bet. Where can you get them odds?

Advertisement