Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Gael85

St James Gaels
    Club Name:St James Gaels
    Code (football): Football
    Level played:Junior A,Junior C,Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in early January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club. We have 2 adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team.The second team is a social team which is for lads looking for game. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 77,77a,50,150,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

axelf82@hotmail.com

anyone interested playing Gaelic football our teams are still training,1st team still in championship are training away.2nd team have finished league but will continue to train over the winter and will be organising challenge games for Wednesday nights.Newcomers welcome

axelf82@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Hi,

Sorry to be always posting about the club but I think it's a fair bet that people only read the most recent couple of pages and not the whole thing!

At the moment Réalt Dearg are in a great position. Only in our second year, already two teams with large panels in both league and championship and county final(s) to look forward to. The B team did fantastically well this year, starting a panel from scratch at the start of the year and reaching a championship quarter final is huge progress. Unfortunately that hurdle proved too much and they were beaten by St Marks. I'm sure this team will come back even stronger next year with in the region of six players having played league and championship hurling for the first time so year two will be easier!

The A's came second in their group in the league, securing promotion, and now await a date for the League final to try secure the clubs first silverware. However, we also have a championship semi final to play and there is a good chance the championship final, if we reach it, will be played before the league so we may have championship medals before league ones with alot of luck!

In the semi final we face Kilmacud Crokes, a match which will see one of the newest and smallest clubs in Ireland against one of the giants of the GAA. The match will be played out in Thomas Davis pitches in Tallaght at 3pm on October 9th. We would really appreciate any support on the day as we know Kilmacud will have a large following.

As always anyone out there who would like to take up hurling or has moved to Dublin south and is without a club(I know from past experience how hard it is to try make it home regularly for training) please feel free to contact us at realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com or visit www.realtdearg.ie

We are also looking for people to get involved as selectors, managers, trainers etc so anyone interested in this is more than welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭danceswithwolf

Hi,

I'm looking for a club to join to play football. I've never played before, so, have none of the skills! Need to start at the bottom. I've been cycling competively for a few years, so, I've got some idea of what's involved in being fit and am used to putting in a about ten hours training a week and doing races etc.

I live in Firhouse and drive so I could get to any club in the general area that is happy with "beginners".

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ManwitaPlan

Looking to head down to Kilmacud crokes for some football training but cant see any info on the website.

Complete novice at the game so would be looking for the weakest team....anybody have any contact info or info on training times?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Gael85

St James Gaels 2012
    Club Name:
    St James Gaels
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Rd,Dublin12.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played:Junior A,Junior C,Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in December and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club. We will be doing gym for December and early January then pre-season training from mid January.We have 2 progressing adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 27,56,56a,77a,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

Both Junior teams had a decent season in 2011 and will be looking to progress a step further next year,first team just missed out on promotion and got to semi final of junior championship and second team lost out in promotion playoff game.

axelf82@hotmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Club Name:Whitehall Colmcille GAA Club
    Areas recruit from: Santry, Beaumount, Whitehall
    Code: Ladies Football
    Level played: Junior D, U16, U13
    Contact details: whitehall.ladiesfootball@gmail.com

Any other info: Whitehall Colmcille ladies football section is still fairly new to the ladies football scene but so far we have had some good success at underage - U11 Division 3 Champions 2008, Division 3 Féile Winners 2010, League Division 3 winners 2010 as well as runners up in the Division 2 Championship in 2011. At adult level we were runners up in the Junior D Championship 2008, and runners up in League Division 6 in 2010.
    Training for players of all ages and abilities is on Mondays from 7:30-9.
    16A, 27B, 33, 41, 41C buses all pass the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

|Hello all,

I'm planning on getting into Football next year so am looking for a club to joni on the southside.

Had though about Robert Emmets or Ballyfermot DLS as they are within cycling distance of my place. Any other reccomendations?

I already pleay hurling with Realt Dearg so cannot join a dual club by GAA rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 thebignoize

Hi, I'm a 29 year old man who has basic skills in Hurling from Primary school, I'd like to join a team in Dublin just for training at first and see where it goes. I'm quite fit and would like to join a team for the challenge and the banter. I live in the Ballybough/ Fairview area so anywhere near that more or less would be ideal. Any advice ?? Cheers!smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

Hi, I'm a 29 year old man who has basic skills in Hurling from Primary school, I'd like to join a team in Dublin just for training at first and see where it goes. I'm quite fit and would like to join a team for the challenge and the banter. I live in the Ballybough/ Fairview area so anywhere near that more or less would be ideal. Any advice ?? Cheers!smile.gif

Give Na Fianna or St Vincents a go, big clubs with lots of different levels of player- you are actually near a few clubs

Most clubs are on that map

http://maps.dublinbynumbers.com/sport-and-fitness-map-gaa-clubs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18 thebignoize

Thank you straw dub, I've just sent Na Fianna an email about who to contact, cheers :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

IPAM wrote: »
    Football or hurling
    Donnybrook or Ratoath, Meath

Im interested in getting back in to either football or hurling. I currently play "soccer" on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday but not for a team
    (astro with mates) and would much rather get back into GAA. I played Football at school level and Hurling for bout 2 years. Wouldnt be
    great at either but will give it my best shot. Need somewhere close to Donnybrook (where I work) or Ratoath.

Gonna have a look into Realt Dearg just have to figure out how to get there via public transport :P Any other suggestions would be great!!

IPAM,
    don't know if your still looking for a club but Ratoath is a great club. Intermediate in hurling and junior in football but great talent coming through in both codes. Each code has a second team as well which is always handy to get your eye back in! And if you're new to the area always a great way to meet new friends. Always feel the club should do more to attract the new members.
    Anyway, if your interested pm me there and I'll give you more info

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

lifehacker wrote: »
    Looking to join a football team for training etc. in the north dublin area... played when I was younger and now 20 looking to revive the passion.

Any info from those out there with a bit more knowlede would be great!

Cheers

If you're willing to travel to Meath, Ratoath are always keen on new players. Big club but in junior ranks so not elite but big future lies ahead with successful underage beginning to push through
    www.ratoathgaa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Folks,

I'm living in Naas and played a bit of hurling when I was young back in Cork (15 years ago!) Looking to get back into it but can be considered a complete newbie. Any suggestions for a club that will suit? I'm 30 now btw.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

Buzzfish, I dont play hurling but Naas GAA club would be a good club. I would be fairly sure they have a few teams. Their facilities are second to none in the county.
    If you want to play football my own club Athgarvan GAA are always looking for new players, we're not too far from Naas. We'll be starting back around February.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rodrob111

Lookin to start playin Gaelic in the city centre. Haven't played in about 10 years so would take a while to get back fit so would want a lower level team to play with, say junior B or so. Heard that there was a team in Islandbridge (I'm in Stoneybatter)

rodrob111 wrote: »
    Lookin to start playin Gaelic in the city centre. Haven't played in about 10 years so would take a while to get back fit so would want a lower level team to play with, say junior B or so. Heard that there was a team in Islandbridge (I'm in Stoneybatter)

Civil Service are somewhere around islandbridge...or else try Pheonix Park (Park Rangers i think).

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Any GAA clubs around North Dublin recruiting for their football/hurling teams?

Not many mentioned so far and would prefer not to have to travel southside or city centre for training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sweeneypots

Hi.. Does anybody know anyone that would be intrested in training a junior GAA team of ladies. We are up an going over a year and have lost our manager. Need someone willing to start training end of January... Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Eurox

Hi.. Does anybody know anyone that would be intrested in training a junior GAA team of ladies. We are up an going over a year and have lost our manager. Need someone willing to start training end of January... Thanks.

Where are you based? Pm me if you like

We are also looking for people to get involved as selectors, managers, trainers etc so anyone interested in this is more than welcome!

Hi All,
    Would anyone know anyone or be interested in training/manaing Realt Dearg hurling team?

Its going into our third year now and we have not had a manager yet. We have achieved some sucesses such as reachine championship quater/semi finals and gaining promotion up to AHL7 for next year.

Any help really appreciated.

• Advertisement

We are based in Louth. Just outside Ardee a little bit.

We are based in county Louth. Just outside Ardee a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

shayno90 wrote: »
    Any GAA clubs around North Dublin recruiting for their football/hurling teams?

Not many mentioned so far and would prefer not to have to travel southside or city centre for training.

What part of North Dublin? Its a big place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

I'm very interested in joining a club with a low enough standard, preferably a small club as opposed to the big clubs like Na Fianna etc. I'm looking for a club in Dublin 3, 5 or 9.

Cheers.

StrawDub wrote: »
    What part of North Dublin? Its a big place :D

Malahide/Portmarnock/Baldoyle/Howth or any club near these areas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 colmcille

Hi shayno90, we're a small Junior Club based in Swords, why not drop by the Clubhouse some evening to find out more about us, we're currently trying to recruit new players for next season which is due to begin in Jan/Feb.

Some details about us:
    colmcille wrote: »
    Club Name : Naomh Colmcille CLG
    (Off the Balheary Road opposite the old Motorola Building).
    Code : Football
    Level played : Junior
    Contact details : colmcillechair@hotmail.com, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Naomh-Colmcille-CLG/116051948138?sk=photos#!/pages/Naomh-Colmcille-CLG/116051948138?sk=wall
    Any other info : We're always looking for Players for our Adult Junior team (Training Tuesday & Thursday @ 7pm) & Under 14 Team (Training Monday & Wednesday @ 6:30pm)
    Facilities : Our Club House has a large hall, full changing facilities & has recently been extended to include new conference rooms, we have a Floodlit training area beside our Pitch.

We have full bar facilities which are open every night & are available to hire for functions, our hall & conference rooms are also available to hire for use by different groups in our local community. We currently hire out to groups ranging from Irish Dance classes to Bird shows.......

CILLES2.jpg

NaomhColmcillesSordBaileAthaCliath.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Roooooney

Portmarnock/Baldoyle/Howth - Naomh Mearnóg - http://www.naomhmearnog.ie/

Malahide - St Sylvesters - http://www.stsylvesters.ie/

Swords - fingallians - http://www.fingallians.ie/

River Valley - St Finians - http://www.stfinians.com/

They'd be the main ones.

In terms of facilities Naomh Mearnóg would definitely be the best.

Naomh Mearnóg have teams in Division 2,5,9
    Sylvesters in 1,3,7 and 10 I think
    Fins in Divsion 2, 7
    Finians in Division 3,8

colmcille wrote: »
    Hi shayno90, we're a small Junior Club based in Swords, why not drop by the Clubhouse some evening to find out more about us, we're currently trying to recruit new players for next season which is due to begin in Jan/Feb.

Some details about us:

If you are still recruiting for the new season, I will call over some evening to get more details.
    Roooooney wrote: »
    Portmarnock/Baldoyle/Howth - Naomh Mearnóg - http://www.naomhmearnog.ie/

Malahide - St Sylvesters - http://www.stsylvesters.ie/

Swords - fingallians - http://www.fingallians.ie/

River Valley - St Finians - http://www.stfinians.com/

They'd be the main ones.

In terms of facilities Naomh Mearnóg would definitely be the best.

Naomh Mearnóg have teams in Division 2,5,9
    Sylvesters in 1,3,7 and 10 I think
    Fins in Divsion 2, 7
    Finians in Division 3,8

Are those clubs recruiting as there is no news about that on their websites?

If you are still recruiting for the new season, I will call over some evening to get more details.

Are those clubs recruiting as there is no news about that on their websites?

I've never heard of a GAA club turning away new members. There doesn't have to be a notice on the website etc for a club to be recruiting. Trust me you won't be turned away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Hi guys anyone know anything about the best football club to join around Citywest.

Prob just junior grade im 27 now.

Thanks for any feedback guys

Advertisement