Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

BDI wrote: »
    I know a fella with a mcgregor tattoo on his leg.

Yeah same - I got the infamous "We're not here to take part..." quote tattooed on my leg but I'm 5'6" and the guy could only fit in "We're not here" so it reads more like an existential statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

BDI wrote: »
    I know a fella with a mcgregor tattoo on his leg.

I'd say he taps his feet a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yeah same - I got the infamous "We're not here to take part..." quote tattooed on my leg but I'm 5'6" and the guy could only fit in "We're not here" so it reads more like an existential statement.

Haha, you must be taking the piss. Love it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

No sign of him at the opening of John's new SBG gym yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

BigMo1 wrote: »
    No sign of him at the opening of John's new SBG gym yesterday.
    Probably because he was down at the actual opening.
    I seen at least one of his cling-ons there though, the Dunphy fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The Stabanimal is very unlikeable, I will never be a fan of him.

Strabanimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Spanneranimal

Spanneranimalcrackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Spanneranimalcrackers.

Whooooo hold on how let's not bring animal crackers down to this level please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dustin with a nice comeback, Conor bringing up his money. W for Dustin.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1179517091755560976?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Dustin with a nice comeback, Conor bringing up his money. W for Dustin.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1179517091755560976?s=19

It may be that long since he won but who did he fight. Mayweather and Khabib. Its a bit meaningless and unoriginal.

spix wrote: »
    It may be that long since he won but who did he fight. Mayweather and Khabib. Its a bit meaningless and unoriginal.

Dustin is using for the fighting and only winding up Conor. For usual doesn't reply but to reply with the money thing, Dustin must have gotten to him. I don't care anyway, whatever works to get him back in the octagon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

MMA Talk Only... it's in the thread title and has been said multiple times. Expect cards handed out if people are just going to continue to ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭robwen

See him out running the roads on his Instagram story, good sign for an upcoming fight, working on that poor cardio

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 johnmc76

robwen wrote: »
    See him out running the roads on his Instagram story, good sign for an upcoming fight, working on that poor cardio

He can run all he wants but he's not going to get enough cardio in a standard 8-12 week camp to survive against guys who have been training while he's sleeping off the previous night's hangovers.

Exactly 1 year since the Khabib fight. Such a disappointing year.
    Was so great up to start of 2017 before the mega money mayweather fight ruined it all.
    Conor used to be the most charismatic of sports stars, engaging, funny, witty and intelligent. Now he is a recluse and going from one court case to the next.
    I still hope for the story to have its redemption closing chapter, to see him Bach at the top of the lightweight division, but it’s hard to see him even beating the likes of Poirer or Gatche now, so what chance would he have against Khabib or Ferguson. He used to train like crazy in SBG so how can a few sessions now and again in his garage or running around the K club roads bring him back??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

He used to mention jose was a diff beast since being a dad , now he has 3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I still hope for the story to have its redemption closing chapter, to see him back at the top of the lightweight division.

Why can't people understand he'll never be champion again?
    It's completely clear that it's not what his focus is on.

And he can't redeem himself for his past behaviours, no matter what he does.

• Site Banned Posts: 127 ✭✭whatcanidonow

Is he still alive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Effects wrote: »
    Why can't people understand he'll never be champion again?
    It's completely clear that it's not what his focus is on.

And he can't redeem himself for his past behaviours, no matter what he does.

Jesus i dunno i think he will place well in the MACFAST world games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He doesn't lead the lifestyle of a champion. Money is no excuse either, look at Mayweather he's got 10 times McGregors, dude is 40 years old, trains every morning and doesn't go on endless binges.
    Killers like Khabib and Ferguson will destroy him.

Just about to board a plane and I got 3 bottles of Jameson this time.
    I’m not buying any more Proper Piss till Mcgregor next fight is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

rob316 wrote: »
    He doesn't lead the lifestyle of a champion. Money is no excuse either, look at Mayweather he's got 10 times McGregors, dude is 40 years old, trains every morning and doesn't go on endless binges.
    Killers like Khabib and Ferguson will destroy him.

Amen. Nobody outworked Floyd. He put up a picture the other night of him drinking whiskey while getting a haircut ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

That’ll show him.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ElBastardo1

So you know it's piss but will buy it when he fights again?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

So you'll buy it when he fights even though you don't like it? Strange logic.

I only bought it once before on my last pass through the duty free on way out of EU. I still haven’t seen it in any shop in Ireland outside of airport, I wouldn’t really bother going out of my way to a big tesco just for it.
    The one time I had it, I thought it was ok, but Jameson is much nicer. I would also prefer jack Daniels and Jim beam.
    This feckin whiskey is the worst thing that happened to Conor.

Conor is baiting Khabib again on Twitter.
    I think a fight vs either Gatche or Poirer will be announced soon for Vegas in March. It’s much too long to wait I know, but I just don’t see him fighting outside of Vegas in jan or Feb. If he wins that he will get the rematch vs Khabib or possibly Ferguson. Reckon Khabib vs Ferguson will happen soon in the new year.

• Advertisement

What? An 8 count as in a boxing ref giving a fighter 8 seconds after a knockdown? Is he slagging him for running at him and ****ting at the same time?

First khabibs dad, then khabib and now Conor looking for this fight in Moscow, wouldn't be surprised if it actually happens . **** Tony right?

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1181292069911965697?s=19

Advertisement