Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Game day, Hawks fans!

Since the Clowney signing I'm feeling mildly optimistic. Really looking forward to tonights game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Welcome back all! Another offseason behind us.

Been a mad last week or so!

We all know how Seahawks start slowly but couldn’t ask for a better week 1 then Bengals at home. Has to be a w tonight.

A win is a win is a win. But by god, that was poor, and we got lucky with the final call.

I’d forgotten what that Sunday night stress felt like

Very underwhelming performance though. Literally the only positive was that it was a win and I don’t think there was any major injuries.

1-0 and onto Pittsburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A win is a win is a win. But by god, that was poor, and we got lucky with the final call.

I didn't watch the seahawks game but as a wise man once said, there are no pictures in the nfl standings.

• Advertisement

Also to note we’re playing in the rare for us 6pm slot next Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Watched the first half, offence looked sluggish, apart from DK Metcalf who looked promising.

Hard to know what to make of it really, first game out it's tough to say if Cinicnnati are going to be surprisingly good, in which case it was a good win, or if that was two bad teams playing each other.

On the plus side Steelers looked awful last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Hopefully it was rustiness from the team last night. Wilson was under pressure all night and that was against the Bengals. DK looked really good.

The secondary was poor, Thompson was shocking for that Ross touchdown just before the half. D line looked really good and promising.

1-0 and football is back

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Am I the only one absolutely sick of Ifedi?
    Feel like he only starts because he was a first rounder.

The man doesn’t seem to be able to pick up any blitz and it has Wilson on his back within seconds every time and I won’t even start on penalties.

The O-Line needs to improve a small if the run game is going to work out, funnily enough this is the only way I see Ifedi being effective. Thought the D was quite good in Week 1. Safeties and Corners need some work but has a lot of potential.

Looking forward to the year and hoping for an 11-5 season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Am I the only one absolutely sick of Ifedi?
    Feel like he only starts because he was a first rounder.

The man doesn’t seem to be able to pick up any blitz and it has Wilson on his back within seconds every time and I won’t even start on penalties.

The O-Line needs to improve a small if the run game is going to work out, funnily enough this is the only way I see Ifedi being effective. Thought the D was quite good in Week 1. Safeties and Corners need some work but has a lot of potential.

Looking forward to the year and hoping for an 11-5 season!

An atrocious first half from him there, might as well not be there.

Offense has picked up this half though

2 score lead with 8 mins to go

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Carson made a mess of that could have thrown this away

Vudgie wrote: »
    An atrocious first half from him there, might as well not be there.

Fluker played his part too!

Quite lucky to have 3 decent players in the backfield, Penny could take over from Carson sooner rather than later if this Fumbles come back from last year.

Can’t complain with 2-0 though after the last 2 performances. Onto the Saints next week!

Shoutout to Will Dissly too, they have serious faith in his hands based on the screen plays on the final drive. Always nice to see a player come back after a year long injury.

Nice to have the stress over well before bed this Sunday

Despite Ifedi and Carson's slippy fingers, there was a lot to like at times tonight - Metcalf, 2nd hald offense, Russell stepping up when needed. There's potential there.

Now we'll see if we can play up to the level of a good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

there was a lot to like at times tonight - Metcalf, 2nd hald offense, Russell stepping up when needed. There's potential there.
    Second week I've been very impressed with Metcalf

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Yesterday's game was a 2 point hammering. Ok hammering might be a bit of a stretch but only for 2 fumbles that gave Steelers short field our defence was holding them to field goals.

It was great to see Wilson throw the ball more often, I would be more than happy to see this for the remainder of the season. They got the ball out quick and neutralized the Steelers D Line and then picked up what the Steelers were giving them.

2-0 and heading into a home game with the Saints more than likely without Drew Brees, I think we all would have signed up for that at the start of the season.

Brees out for 6 weeks so Teddy is in a QB for them.

Carroll said that he expects Ziggy, Ford and David Moore back next week.

Excited to see Moore, he had a good stretch of games towards the end of last season and is another much needed target for Wilson.

Hopefully we get to see Clowney , Ziggy, Reed, Ford, Wagner, KJ, Kendrick’s all on the field same game this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If you told me at the end of pre season that we would be looking realistically at a 4-0 opening series I would have said you lost the plot. What a series of events!

If you told me at the end of pre season that we would be looking realistically at a 4-0 opening series I would have said you lost the plot. What a series of events!

Reckon Cardinals will be an easy win? They’ve looked really good the last couple of weeks. David Johnson could tear any team apart when he’s given the chance too.

Mad to think the NFC West is now one of, if not the best division in the league. Come along way since winning the division in 2010 with a 7-9 record :D

Best to have to go to Arizona as early as possibly in the season. Murray is only going to get better as the season goes on. Have them in Seattle week 16 I think.

NFC west been one of the stronger divisions for a while now. When Seattle we’re getting to SBs the 49ers were a serious team. Cardinals had one very good season there a few years back and now the Rams are up there.

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Best to have to go to Arizona as early as possibly in the season. Murray is only going to get better as the season goes on. Have them in Seattle week 16 I think.

NFC west been one of the stronger divisions for a while now. When Seattle we’re getting to SBs the 49ers were a serious team. Cardinals had one very good season there a few years back and now the Rams are up there.

Definitely, but there’s always been divisions ahead of the them. It’s gone from a 1/2 team division inconsistently to being very competitive, 4 teams could have winning records in a season or two the way they’re playing. Sometimes I don’t know whether its a good thing or not :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I don’t think we played as bad as some quarters of the internet would have you believe. I actually thought we played well, and Russ in particular was on point (Was great to go a whole game without getting sacked for once!). The problem was silly mistakes and on the coaches. The illegal formation flag was easy to avoid and cost us the game. The player/coach running onto the field set us back, and not calling for a time out before that wonderful Hail Mary at the end of Q2 was a rookie mistake. We showcased enough that I’m not losing out on hope, we just need to tighten up. Especially with how competitive our group is compared to previous years.

If we could start playing in the first quarter we could actually go places!

My worry is not that we'll stop making mistakes but that we'll continue to. We're still losing critical penalties, even if the O line seemed to have a better night.

I don’t think we played as bad as some quarters of the internet would have you believe. I actually thought we played well, and Russ in particular was on point (Was great to go a whole game without getting sacked for once!). The problem was silly mistakes and on the coaches. The illegal formation flag was easy to avoid and cost us the game. The player/coach running onto the field set us back, and not calling for a time out before that wonderful Hail Mary at the end of Q2 was a rookie mistake. We showcased enough that I’m not losing out on hope, we just need to tighten up. Especially with how competitive our group is compared to previous years.

That was Carroll who ran onto the field, got a bit too excited seeing as it was the same player who cut his nose open before the game.

It was silly mistakes, but as K.J said after the game they’ve made those mistakes in week 1 & 2 and got away with them.

Stings a bit more that it’s a home loss, need to rebound in a big way next week. Still haven’t really had a statement game in the past 10+ games, they’ve all been too close. Hopefully we’ll see more air time next week with the poor secondary of the cardinals. Dissly is slowly becoming the best TE in the game too. His blocking, route running and catching/safe hands is something you rarely see together. He’s like a slightly lower grade Gronk, but makes up for it in blocking.

49ers going 3-0 isn’t great either!

Pretty straight forward onto the Rams on Thursday night!

3-1

An enjoyable watch last night, and Carson was beast-like. I quite fancy our chances against the Rams now, although not fully convinced the O line has turned a corner yet.

• Advertisement

Nice to get passed the Arizona game that we usually screw up on (don’t mention Kam, Doug or 6-6 :/)

Would take a 2-1 over the next 3 weeks.

vs Rams
    @ Browns
    vs Ravens

Lucky both harder games will be at home, Saints game doesn’t feel too bad now considering what they done to Dak and Zeke on Sunday night too.

Advertisement