Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Portable ramps

• 03-09-2019 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

As anyone any experiences, good or bad with any of these suppliers and/or with any specific threshold ramps.

Below is an email I got from the occupational therapist nearly a year ago. I was told the waiting list was 12-18 months.

I was told I wouldn't get approval for the finance until I had such a threshold ramp. Going by the phone call, my recollection was I was supposed to buy one before the appointment, but it seems it might be better to wait till after the appointment.

----
    Following our conversation today please see attached information on suppliers of portable access ramps. It sounds like your back door may work out ok with the wheelchair for assessment given that it is only a threshold, and a simple threshold ramp will be easy to get hold of once the assessment is done by the OT...so you could hold off buying a full ramp for the front access and wait for the advice from the OT who will assess you.
    Ramp Suppliers:

Company Website Phone
    O’Neill Healthcare (Baldoyle)
    www.onhealthcare.ie
    01 832 6509

---

Murrays Medical (Talbot St and Tallaght)
    www.murrays.ie
    01 866 3330

---

Go Mobility (Online only)
    www.gomobility.ie
    01 866 3366

---

Lifestyle Mobility (Mountmellick, Laois)
    www.lifestylemobility.ie
    057 864 4793

---

Promobility (Swords)
    www.promobility.ie
    01 890 0890

Please note that there are unique individual requirements for different types of access doors and information can be given about available ramp options by the suppliers based on an assessment of your needs. These ramps must be purchased privately.

The Occupational Therapy Department does not recommend any specific supplier, this list is merely a list of contractors/suppliers who are known to supply portable ramps.

Advertisement