Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for those who used to drink heavily

• 23-05-2019 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Ok I guess this can go out to anyone who does or used to drink heavily and are now sober. I'm still learning every day about the effects of alcohol to help understand what my partner went through and what he may be going through now sober for nearly two years. When having a conversation while someone is heavily drinking are they telling the truth and opening up and saying what's really on their mind or do they say these things because they're stuck in a loop and tend to repeat stuff because basically nothing new is happening in their life so they hark back to the past. When sober how does that change their way of thinking so they still think that way deep down or if they are starting to look towards the future does that mean they've moved on from trying to romantises their drinking days? Hope I'm making sense or at least a bit.

Comments

• Sorry, I dunno is your post kind of vague, or if I'm just feeling vague this evening..
    Well, when drinking is involved people can kind of get stuck in a loop,..
    You would think that when they're sober that's closer to the truth..
    If they're sober two years they've probably moved beyond the needing to drink and the romanticization of it..
    I'm close enough to that myself, ~2.5 years, and I've no desire to go back,.
    I cant handle drunk people either though..

Advertisement