Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DCM race series

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

What's the story with the photo?
    None of the races in the series go anywhere near there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

yaboya1 wrote: »

Just a DCM photo I’d imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Raging I missed these!! I wanted to do the 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

That's a photo from last year so it does.

Numbers for the 10 km arrived this evening.

aquinn wrote: »

You sure about that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

aquinn wrote: »

I think he means that as the bundle doesn't include the marathon then a picture from the marathon shouldn't be in a promotion for the bundle....

You sure about that??

Doubt me?

Certain as I know one of the lads and that was the pointy end of the race.

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I think he means that as the bundle doesn't include the marathon then a picture from the marathon shouldn't be in a promotion for the bundle....

He doesn't mean the photo isn't from DCM?

skyblue46 wrote: »

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

I can't remember if I saw something about it, but was there any reasons given why Swords lost out on one of the races? Quite enjoyed Frank Duffy's stop over there last year. Was it the DCM or Fingal CC who pulled plug? The FD and Half courses are pretty samey....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Many here doing the 10k next Sunday, any course tips? Be my first race in Ireland since DCM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

OOnegative wrote: »
    Many here doing the 10k next Sunday, any course tips? Be my first race in Ireland since DCM!!

It's mostly flat or slightly downhill until you hit the canal (around 7k mark) then it's a slight uphill drag. There is a short, sharp hill off the canal just after 9k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I have had an entry for every single occurrence of the 10k race series race [4? 5? 6?], this one might well be the first one I have ever made the start line of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

No pacers in this right?

No pacers in this right?

None last year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

does anyone know if there are shuttle buses back to the luas after the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

ooter wrote: »
    does anyone know if there are shuttle buses back to the luas after the race?

No mention on the website, so unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Any parking suggestions? The website says Grange Castle Business Park for parking, have never been there, do i need to get there quite early?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

Murph_D wrote: »
    No mention on the website, so unlikely.

in fairness, there's no mention of shuttle buses to the race on the website either but I know what you mean.

ooter wrote: »
    in fairness, there's no mention of shuttle buses to the race on the website either but I know what you mean.

Ah - I see from the race pack that there are indeed shuttles before the race as you say. I’d be surprised if they don’t offer a return service. What would be the point otherwise. Send them a tweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Supercell wrote: »
    Any parking suggestions? The website says Grange Castle Business Park for parking, have never been there, do i need to get there quite early?

They use one of the big Pfizer carparks which is a couple of minutes walk from the start. No problem getting in but you will need a bit of patience getting out !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

They use one of the big Pfizer carparks which is a couple of minutes walk from the start. No problem getting in but you will need a bit of patience getting out !
    Thanks Glencarraig thats great advice.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Thought the 10k went off very smoothly - very well organised. I like the course - plenty of variety!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Murph_D wrote: »
    Thought the 10k went off very smoothly - very well organised. I like the course - plenty of variety!

+1 to that, fair route and well organized. The downhill into Clondalkin village was great & section along the canal is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

OOnegative wrote: »
    +1 to that, fair route and well organized. The downhill into Clondalkin village was great & section along the canal is always nice.

+1 to most of that! Enjoy the course alright, but this year and last had one thing in common. I absolutely hated the stretch along canal. Felt like I was running in treacle !
    Really well organised and the location is great from infrastructure perspective.

Enjoyed it, good varied route. Easy to get in and out. Canal stretch is always hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Enjoyed it, very flat compared to my usual runs around killiney. Set a PB which is surprising as i’ve not done much in the past 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fraggle07

First time running this. Really enjoyed it, it was very well organised.
    I was in an hour before, got great parking and had no issues getting back out afterwards.

Course was lovely. The Canal stretch was the worst part for me, i felt it went on forever, the wind didn't help and I found it a little congested for a bit. A few ppl around me struggled without water until the 6k mark. Thankfully I carried my own - I needed it!! The heat didn't help and they did refuse offers of water from fellow runners... On that note I really liked the reusable cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Yea good course, if one was of a mind and in form it would be a PB kinda course I would think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Doing the half marathon in September, what is the course like does anyone know? Looking forward to it, the medal is class looking :)

Advertisement