Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Tour De Burren (with Wiggins!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 paulmr

Id say Sam had an average speed of about 33.2Kph he was only ticking over, was with him with my clubmates for about 20km past the foodstop but couldnt stay for any longer Long way home on my own. Really nice humble guy made himself available for loads of photos and autographs. Great sportive well organised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

paulmr wrote: »
    Id say Sam had an average speed of about 33.2Kph he was only ticking over, was with him with my clubmates for about 20km past the foodstop but couldnt stay for any longer Long way home on my own. Really nice humble guy made himself available for loads of photos and autographs. Great sportive well organised
    He's not on Strava, is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 paulmr

no dont think so couldnt find him, im just going on the strava of the lads that finished with him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

They should get Alberto Contador & Andy Schleck next year ...cant be any more expensive than Wiggo

Could do a re enactment of wheel gate in the Burren

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Did Kelly actually go around the route?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

who_ru wrote: »
    Did Kelly actually go around the route?

I'd presume so - he was with Bennett and a few other mates (and anyone else that wanted to tag/hang on!)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

Don't know for sure but in previous sportives I have seen Kelly go back to roll out the next group (100km). Be surprised if Bennett did not do the same.

My young lad (ex A2) was up near the front and came in under 4 hours...about 33.8km/hr average. He did not see Bennett or Kelly after the first 20km but thought there may have been one faster group up the road. Yeah, he thought he was slow but he is only getting back into training. :o

I was in more than hour after him. Youth!!!

Great day and great sportive....rate it one of the best on the calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Kelly usually leads out the 130 for a few km then back for the 100km group. Dont know what he did this year but Sam was in the Killnaboy food stop with the 130km lead group.

Advertisement