Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Faro-Albufeira Route

• 18-12-2018 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Heading to Portugal soon, picking up the hire car at Faro, then driving straight to Albufeira (after dark).
    I want to keep it simple, but avoid any toll routes. Is there a straight-forward road between the airport and Albufeira other than a toll motorway?
    Thanks in advance for any advice.
    (Couldn't find any holiday section, feel free to move this post to a more relevant section!)

Comments

The N125 has no tolls and is a straight shot to Albufeira from the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

The N125 has no tolls and is a straight shot to Albufeira from the Airport.
    Thanks Shifty..... reply much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

tony glenn wrote: »
    Thanks Shifty..... reply much appreciated!

OK, I have to finally come clean and move on. We picked up the hire car, drove out of the airport planning to park up and switch on Google maps. But wait! No need... there's the sign for the N125! Already tired so delighted to just drive on without stopping.
    So on we drove. And on. And on. My wife suggested after an hour (or two?) that we should maybe check where we were online.
    There was no-one around, it was late and dark, the only landmark was the huge fancy bridge we'd driven across...
    Luckily, we were able to flag down a truck driver. I asked him the way to Albufeira, and he kindly directed us, in broken English, back to the last roundabout, where we should watch out for the sign to Portugal.
    Portugal? Where are we then?
    Spain.
    It seems the N125 goes two ways.......
    I'm still trying to figure out a way to blame my wife ..... just as soon as she starts talking to me again.

Advertisement