Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hitler RTé Programme 26.5.13

• 26-05-2013 4:45pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see there is a programme on how Hitler formed a connection with the German people on RTE2 tonight 8.30.

I was making a laboured joke recently to a German I knew well that Adolf really killed himself because he realised that there would be all those parodies of his speeches.

I was trumped by being told that as a German he didn't care - that Hitler was Austrian.

anyhow should be an interesing programme.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I think the BBC have already shown this three-parter as the "Dark Charisma of Adolf Hitler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

There was time that RTE2/Network 2 showed so many WW2 docs to the exclusion of pretty much every other subject it was nearly the 'Hitler Channel'.

The insights and impressions of ordinary people were interesting. At least it didn't have that irritating habit of US made docs that have to recap the whole story every 10 mins.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Interesting documentary. amazing how Hitler could leverage himself into power so quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Any mention of Bridget Hitler, the Irish woman who married Adolf's half-brother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

TOMP wrote: »
    Any mention of Bridget Hitler, the Irish woman who married Adolf's half-brother?

No, no detail of origins/family and only a passing mention of Eva. Adolf himself had a number of alleged love interests, some of them meeting tragic ends.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Adolf himself had a number of alleged love interests

Even with one testicle :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭goose1

Sorry, Bridget Hitler??? Link? :O

Aside from that, great show.

Anything by Ian Kershaw is decent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

The infamous Paddy Hitler! Good thread about the Irish connection here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055576830