Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tour of Monaghan 2012

Options
  • 08-09-2012 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

THE TOUR OF MONAGHAN is on 30th September 2012 @ ​9:30am
    Route: Emyvale,Glaslough, Silverstream, Blayney,Blackhill,Lough Egish, Ballybay, Newbliss,Clones, Monaghan, Tydavnet.
    €10 entry fee, Sign on Emyvale leisure centre from 9am.depart 9.30am
    110kms.There will be a Shorter route which will turn at Huena Kitchens, Castleblayney and head back to Monaghan town. Approximately 60kms.
    Refreshments provided en route and afterwards in Emyvale leisure centre.
    Showers & parking available

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lovely part of the country and great cycling heritage. Respect to the organisers for keeping the entry at €10.
    I'll do my best to be there (and bring the usual suspects).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Typical. One of the few events near me and I'm away working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

RobFowl wrote: »
    Lovely part of the country and great cycling heritage. Respect to the organisers for keeping the entry at €10.

I think this may be one of the few weekends I wont be free. Will have to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Typical. One of the few events near me and I'm away working.

Leave it to me to book a week away around then too!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

Just wondering if the 60k is rather hilly. Will be doing this with the other half and she doesn't really like the hills, so would be hoping that it relatively flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 EMYVALE CC Monaghan

The 60 KM run will not have any tough hills in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

RobFowl wrote: »

It is my part of the woods (and the off-season), so I may be down to ride around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭digdeep

I've never done a group event like it so looking forward to it.

Is it open to everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Is there a map anywhere for it? Ten yoyos is a steal.

To digdeep, yes it is open to everybody, we may have 2 groups leaving at 9.30 depending on the numbers that turn up. I will try and get a map up later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭LCRC_BAX

Best County in the country!!

Hope to make it down for the spin lads. Hope there's a good turn out.

RB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Rode this a few years ago, pretty sure its a different course now, the one I did had plenty of hills!

Was very well organised with plenty of marshalls and very nice countryside!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭bedirect

How many food stops are on this tour, i just want to know what to bring with me

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Consey

Was thinking that was a Farney accent I detected at The Morgan Sparrow memorial last Sat LCRC_BAX. Best county? No question!

Food Stop at Martins Filling station in Newbliss Village,the tour then continues in the direction of Clones. It is possible to cut off at Newbliss & travel back to Monaghan at this stage. Dont forget, sign on 9am,depart at 9.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭bedirect

ok thanks for the info about food stops, see you Sunday 9am.

Despite a very wet start, we had 103 people signing on. Thanks for the support we received from Clones, CMX, Dungannon, Tydavnet, Clogher Valley cycling clubs. We hope everybody enjoyed themselves as the weather improved from 10.30am onwards. The 40km/hour last 25 km route from Clones to Emyvale ensured everybody finished early.

Advertisement