Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DART disruption this weekend - shuttle bus?

Options
  • 06-11-2009 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

There are no Darts running between Connolly and Grand Canal Dock this weekend, link here

Irish Rail says there is going to be a "special" shuttle bus between the city centre and Grand Canal Dock but are refusing to give any information on it beyond "there will be a shuttle bus".

My brother needs to get from Portmarnock to Blackrock first thing on Saturday and Sunday mornings. We've both emailed and called Irish Rail several times but can get no information from them on where the bus starts from or whether it goes directly to Grand Canal Dock. I even asked at the information desk in Connolly and the guy said there wouldn't be a shuttle bus, that people will have to get the number 4 bus from O'Connell St??

Does anyone know anything about what the arrangement will be or what happened when similar works were done in the past? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There "should" be a shuttle bus, but these things can be of variable quality.

I imagine they would leave from the Luas stop at Connolly.

Alternatively 4/a, 5, 7/a or 8 from the stop on O'Connell Bridge.

Leave some extra time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I go the shuttle bus this evening. It goes from the front door of Pearse Station. I am guessing that it goes from the Bus Eireann pull ins near the tram terminus.

Not very frequent service soI would leave loads of time. When the bus arrived in Grand Canal a DART arrived pretty quickly but took a while to 'turn around' to go south bound.

Advertisement