Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have C Licence do I need new theory test for D licence

• 25-06-2019 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi Guys

As the post says I have a C Licence do I need to do a Theory for the Bus Licence. I can't seem to get an answer out of anybody.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Once your going for a different class of licence you will need to do the theory test for that class of licence.

So if you haven’t already done the bus module theory test D you will definitely need to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭tbarry31

Thanks Brian I had to ask because it felt strange to me that I wouldn't have to do it. I rang about it and a guy actually told me that I could just turn up and get a Learner Permit. Strange carry on if they don't know what they are on about

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

tbarry31 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

As the post says I have a C Licence do I need to do a Theory for the Bus Licence. I can't seem to get an answer out of anybody.

thanks

When I applied for the C+E driving test I was told I had to do the theory for the C, I already had full A,B,C,D, but they sent back my application because I had never done a theory for C or D because they didn't exist at the time, but I would need the theory C for the C+E. Didn't make a lot of sense that I should do a theory test for the category I already had but there's no arguing with them..

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭tbarry31

I have the Theory test booked for saturday. I am doing some of them at the moment online

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

gbob wrote: »
    ... Didn't make a lot of sense that I should do a theory test for the category I already had but there's no arguing with them..
    If you have a full licence in any primary category from the pre-theory test era, and now wish to apply for a trailer category, you are required to do the theory test for the primary category.

There's no arguing with them because them's the rules!

• Advertisement
Advertisement