Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just want to see gas and electricity unit rates plus standing charges!.

• 21-05-2019 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

I'm getting round to changing supplier from Airtricity and just want to see unit rates and standing charges for gas and electricity compared company by company. Bonkers and Switcher seem no use, they compare based on annual average energy bills and usually with cashback or 'bonus' thrown in. Going to each company's site isn't a lot easier to get these rates. Am considering separate bills for electricity and gas and am open to any advice if anyone would like to offer. Living in rural Meath.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

Cheers Squatter, nice one! I'll check these to see if I can qualify for these rates, are they on nightsaver/daysaver other options or even if there are better deals when the small print is checked. The new Budget Energy Electricity provider looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to A&P

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Cheers Squatter, nice one! I'll check these to see if I can qualify for these rates, are they on nightsaver/daysaver other options or even if there are better deals when the small print is checked. The new Budget Energy Electricity provider looks interesting.

Can't say for sure because it's only when I do my annual review that I go into all of the rates and deals in detail.

What I can say is that currently you won't beat Energia for value - but I'm an all-electric home so don't know about gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I'm getting round to changing supplier .... Bonkers and Switcher seem no use, they compare based on annual average energy bills and usually with cashback or 'bonus' thrown in. Going to each company's site isn't a lot easier to get these rates. ..
    :confused:
    You can insert your own usage on either site to get a tailored result and calculate whether the cashback makes it a better deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

Yeah, I use bonkers and switch every year so the cashback/bonus does come into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Bonkers give a breakdown on prices and charges.
    No idea what OP is on about
    SKcGViY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

^^ That's a huge difference in standing charges.
    I always thought those charges should have been relative constant and the same as they were charges to be paid to ESB networks for transmission etc...

Seem odd to still have them. Would it not be best if the CER just abolished them and all suppiers just had advertised unit rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

One tip for anyone looking at Bonkers. Get the figures they quote for switching and contact your existing supplier with them. I saved a further €100 or so on top of the quoted savings from Bonkers by doing this.

zell12 wrote: »
    Bonkers give a breakdown on prices and charges.
    No idea what OP is on about
    SKcGViY.jpg
    I just want to see unit rates and standing charges. I might not even qualify for some of those deals, could be urban rates, means looking a bit deeper. I want to offset standing charges against unit costs and see how they compare. Has anyone tried separate gas and electricity bills?

• Advertisement

Cheers Sleepy.

The switching sites like Bonkers surely get comission but I think the price on their site includes and switchin/admin fees. If you contact the supplier direct will they do the switching for free? Have you contacted them via e-mail. After my time with Airtricity I have very little faith in any deal done over the phone without an e-mail confirmation of the conditions, standing charges, unit costs?

Advertisement