Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lack of highlights on Eurosport player

Options
  • 09-05-2019 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Has anyone noticed a lack of highlights available on demand for this cycling season. For example the only on demand for Paris Roubaix is the whole 7hr coverage. No highlights have appeared for tour of Flanders as well as some other recent bits and pieces. I’m pretty sure these were available last season (but open to correction)

I hope it wont be the same for the giro!

Comments

Select on demand then replay, on pc at the minute haven't checked phone, it's got most of the recent races there from April 10th to now. Pisses me off though you don't get actual highlights just the last hour of the race usually. Their youtube channel has improved though in that regard this year if they have the rights they have an 5 minute package there.

EDIT: Giro team presentation which isn't on the player that I can see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2q4ondTkO4

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Pisses me off though you don't get actual highlights just the last hour of the race usually.
    Isn't that what their "highlights" normally is when the Highlights show is on live?

Only issue I've had is the long standing "on demand" obviously being a timed recording rather than someone manually starting and ending, and missing the end of a race!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Isn't that what their "highlights" normally is when the Highlights show is on live?

Not always, particularly for the bigger races. The likes of paris-roubaix would have more highlights from some of the earlier cobbled sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Eurosports YouTube channel has the highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

They've had the highlights show for the Giro, although from what I've seen, it's generally the last hour or so rather than "highlights".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Macy0161 wrote: »
    They've had the highlights show for the Giro, although from what I've seen, it's generally the last hour or so rather than "highlights".

So far, most of the highlights have been the last hour

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

Seems to be just the last hour so far.

I also see that they for their new show, the breakaway, that all of the on demand recordings have been cut short!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Found highlights on Quest tv channel last night not sure what they showed highlight wise as wasnt paying attention..
    They had an analysis slot afterwards with Nico Roche..Didnt recognise him with the glasses on

Advertisement