Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using Bass Drum Pad for Acoustic gigs

• 07-11-2018 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey all!

Ok so I have been doing cover gigs in pubs for 5+ years now. I started off doing just vocals and guitar but since have moved onto using a bass drum pad for that added beat. I hooked it up to an eq pedal as it isn't giving me the bass that I need. Its more of a muffled sound than an actual authentic drum beat. The bass is there alright.

The Pad i was using was the Yamaha KP-65A but I'm considering moving onto the Roland KD-10 as I have heard great things about it's predecessor, the KD- 9.

So what I am wondering is, can anyone give me some tips on how to get that authentic sound from the kick drum pad? Could the increase in price in the new pedal I'm considering be the difference in sound?

Thanks in advance guys, have a super day!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BewlayBrother

Hey MayoMan,

I'm not particularly familiar with either of those pads you mention so probably not best person to help you out but I was wondering, where are the sounds coming from?
    As far as I know those pads are designed to hook up to a 'brain' or sample bank that stores the sample that gets triggered.

I did see somewhere that if you connect it straight to an output you will get some kind of sound but that it's pretty poor. Maybe that's what you're experiencing?

I think upgrading, you would have a similar problem on so maybe look into adding a compatible trigger module that would house a nice kick sample for your needs.

MayoMan123 wrote: »
    Hey all!

Ok so I have been doing cover gigs in pubs for 5+ years now. I started off doing just vocals and guitar but since have moved onto using a bass drum pad for that added beat. I hooked it up to an eq pedal as it isn't giving me the bass that I need. Its more of a muffled sound than an actual authentic drum beat. The bass is there alright.

The Pad i was using was the Yamaha KP-65A but I'm considering moving onto the Roland KD-10 as I have heard great things about it's predecessor, the KD- 9.

So what I am wondering is, can anyone give me some tips on how to get that authentic sound from the kick drum pad? Could the increase in price in the new pedal I'm considering be the difference in sound?

Thanks in advance guys, have a super day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

I also learning how to make my own music and recently I found cool blog with useful tips and free drum kits. It could be useful for those who are looking for the best FL Studio sample packs. I found some actual high-quality music production FL Studio kits there. Hope it helps.

Advertisement