Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone broadband lagging and dropping

Options
  • 24-07-2020 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭

We switched from Eir to Vodafone two months ago. Ever since then our WiFi is constantly lagging throughout the day (randomly slow to load pages) and will disconnect from time to time. Very frustrating. A technician came out last week to check the line and said it’s all fine. The only change they made was to put the max download speed down to 70mps to see if that might help. It hasn’t. We have the Vodafone gigabox. Never had any issues or lag with Eir.

Anyone else having these problems? Any idea what the problem or solution is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

if it's wifi it could be a lot of things. I had problems with wifi on the gigabox but it was because I had a really old tablet on the network. Changing the 2.4GHz wifi channel type from 20/40Mhz to just 20MHz seemed to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

if it's wifi it could be a lot of things. I had problems with wifi on the gigabox but it was because I had a really old tablet on the network. Changing the 2.4GHz wifi channel type from 20/40Mhz to just 20MHz seemed to fix it

I’ll try that so, thanks.

Nothing has changed in terms of devices. All the same smart TVs, phones, laptops, etc. Never had any lag with Eir.

Advertisement