Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-07-2020, 22:40   #16
macraignil

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardg60 View Post
Chill out, i doubt Gin Soaked set out to antagonise anyone.

I was not suggesting he was trying to antagonise anyone and just trying to get the information about the hedge in question straight. I'm not even saying there is not a point to be made about the greater chance of it being guelder rose if the soil was alkaline but I was unconvinced it could be the soil acidity that would 100% decide the hedge identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardg60 View Post
Don't be silly.
I'm sure plenty of others have appreciated your input as much as me.
Some of us have learnt our trade before gospel Google came along, just let it go over your head.
Agree completely. No intention on my part to waste ginsoaked time and just wanted to make sure I fully understood what was being said since I had the experience of that plant growing fine without alkaline soil.

Ginsoaked if you have decided you have better things to do and don't want to post any more on boards then I hope you have fun doing so.
Happy gardening.
Advertisement
29-07-2020, 20:42   #17
standardg60

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraignil View Post
I was not suggesting he was trying to antagonise anyone and just trying to get the information about the hedge in question straight. I'm not even saying there is not a point to be made about the greater chance of it being guelder rose if the soil was alkaline but I was unconvinced it could be the soil acidity that would 100% decide the hedge identity.

Agree completely. No intention on my part to waste ginsoaked time and just wanted to make sure I fully understood what was being said since I had the experience of that plant growing fine without alkaline soil.

Ginsoaked if you have decided you have better things to do and don't want to post any more on boards then I hope you have fun doing so.
Happy gardening.
All good then.
Btw you are right in that they're not ph dependent!
Now if any of us knew what is actually planted on the motorway..
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion