Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir bill increasing

• 25-07-2020 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

Since March my Eir bill has been average €108 per month. I have broadband and my landline with them for many years. The broadband is not fibre - speed about 14.

Up until last March the bill was €92 per month.

Does this seem a lot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

You are being SOOOOO ripped off. Have you actually shopped around or challenged them for a deal?

As time moves on, deals and competition change. You are on an old legacy deal.

I didnt look to hard, but this is the first offer I found, just watch out for small print. I would run from Eir if at all possible.

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Thanks for that. I have to say they are hopeless with customer service.

I took them up on their offer of free Amazon Prime and oddly I get a monthly bill from Apple for €5.49 per month. Eir would not reply to emails or calls to deal with my problem. Eventually I got a refund from Apple for 2 monthly payments but that was all that Apple would return. Eir would not assist me.

Now I've just noticed that this number 01 8317700 is on my bill. It says I called it every day for 13 seconds. I never did

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

forumdedum wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I have to say they are hopeless with customer service.

I took them up on their offer of free Amazon Prime and oddly I get a monthly bill from Apple for €5.49 per month. Eir would not reply to emails or calls to deal with my problem. Eventually I got a refund from Apple for 2 monthly payments but that was all that Apple would return. Eir would not assist me.

Now I've just noticed that this number 01 8317700 is on my bill. It says I called it every day for 13 seconds. I never did

Has the house got an (un)monitored alarm?

I was with Eir for a few years. As soon as I was out of contract I gave them notice to cancel my account, they were so expensive. It proved extremely difficult to leave them, giving them notice exactly 31 days before ending contract, not 30, not 29 etc etc (I could be wrong on the actual amount of days).
    Eventually it happened and I am so happy.

I do not have a landline, dont need it. I have fibre broadband now with Sky along with basic Sky package (no sports or movies) for €64 a month for both!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As Bikerman2019 said,
    You are on an old legacy deal.

1st thing Monday morning ring them and tell them you want to cancel.
    They will try and keep your business and offer you a large discount to what you were paying, if you are happy with their offer take it, if not check out the many other providers out there now who have new connection offers.
    BB and landline on Eir's new plan is €29.99 a month.
    Virgin starts from €49 a month for 12 months (6 x €39 & 6 x €59) on a 12 month contact.
    Vodafone starts from €27.50 (€20 x 6 & €35 x 6) for 12 months on a 12 month contract.
    https://switcher.ie/broadband/compare/broadband-packages/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6JW67pvp6gIVuIBQBh0eLw37EAAYAiAAEgIwTvD_BwE

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Has the house got an (un)monitored alarm?

Yes. Guess that's it, silly me.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    As Bikerman2019 said, .

1st thing Monday morning ring them and tell them you want to cancel.
    They will try and keep your business and offer you a large discount to what you were paying, if you are happy with their offer take it, if not check out the many other providers out there now who have new connection offers.
    BB and landline on Eir's new plan is €29.99 a month.
    Virgin starts from €49 a month for 12 months (6 x €39 & 6 x €59) on a 12 month contact.
    Vodafone starts from €27.50 (€20 x 6 & €35 x 6) for 12 months on a 12 month contract.
    https://switcher.ie/broadband/compare/broadband-packages/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6JW67pvp6gIVuIBQBh0eLw37EAAYAiAAEgIwTvD_BwE

Will do. Eir's customer service is so poor I don't think I'd ever sign a contract with them again. No matter how much is saved.

Virgin do not supply my area.

Any opinions on Vodafone and their customer service etc?

I was with Eir for a few years. As soon as I was out of contract I gave them notice to cancel my account, they were so expensive. It proved extremely difficult to leave them, giving them notice exactly 31 days before ending contract, not 30, not 29 etc etc (I could be wrong on the actual amount of days).
    Eventually it happened and I am so happy.

I do not have a landline, dont need it. I have fibre broadband now with Sky along with basic Sky package (no sports or movies) for €64 a month for both!

Well done. I will do same hopefully.

I have Sky TV in my home. How do you find Sky broadband?

Well done. I will do same hopefully.

I have Sky TV in my home. How do you find Sky broadband?

Pretty good. I have 3 devices online , phone, iPad, Laptop most of the time.no issues at all !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

Since March my Eir bill has been average €108 per month. I have broadband and my landline with them for many years. The broadband is not fibre - speed about 14.

Up until last March the bill was €92 per month.

Does this seem a lot?

€108 seems high even for out of contract pricing if you are only on xDSL. Is part of your bill for phone call charges or is that the charge for your bundle?

• Advertisement

dam099 wrote: »
    €108 seems high even for out of contract pricing if you are only on xDSL. Is part of your bill for phone call charges or is that the charge for your bundle?

The phone charges come to about €16 of that €108. However, I only ring 1 number each day for about 10 minutes on average.

Pretty good. I have 3 devices online , phone, iPad, Laptop most of the time.no issues at all !

Sounds great.

Advertisement