I'm looking to get a new gaming PC. I've got an old laptop which is on it's way out. I think the GPU is dying so need to replace.
I would prefer to get/build a desktop but my wife wants a laptop in order to use the internet and stream (netflix etc) on the go or when we're away.
So, with this I really have 2 choices, get a good gaming laptop or build/buy a good gaming PC and buy a cheap laptop for internet and streaming.
Here are the details:
1. What is your budget? 2,000 for both, can potentially be stretched to 2.5 for both
2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? general gaming (PC), internet and streaming (laptop)
3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No
4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No
5. Do you need a monitor? Have 4k TV I can use and if necessary can pick up a monitor, but not necessary
5a. If yes, what size do you need. No
5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] 3840 X 2160
6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No
7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Maybe, but prefer not to have to
8. How can you pay? Any
9. When are you purchasing? In 30-60 days
10. If you need help building it, where are you based? No building assistance required, the last computer I did build from scratch was a 486, but sure how different could things be
I was looking at the following for a potential build. Not sure if this is necessary. Also there's no price for the PSU but I can source all the items from multiple websites for a total of €2007. Is this overkill for a gaming PC?
I know if I went for a Ryzen 3700X it'd be 100 less, 3600X is 200 less & 3600 is 230 less.
Similarly, if I chose an MSI Gaming Trio 2070 super, that is 188 less. So if the 3900X and 2080 are overkill, then I could get it for as low as 1589 with the 3600 and 2070.
Also, I would appreciate suggestions for the laptop. What makes, costs etc so I can get a good balance.
Or alternatively, am I totally wrong and should just get a good gaming laptop? Would I get the same or better specs than buying a PC and Laptop separately for the same or less money?
PCPartPicker Part List
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor (€502.95 @ Komplett)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€84.95 @ Komplett)
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard (€328.95 @ Komplett)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€144.94 @ Custompc)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€128.82 @ Custompc)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€79.94 @ Komplett)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card (€1000.71 @ Custompc)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400S ATX Mid Tower Case (€160.09 @ Custompc)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx White (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-22 15:30 IST+0100