Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-07-2020, 08:47   #1
danieloshea03

Commercial CVRT with a camper conversion 70% complete

For CVRT testing, are there strict rules & regulations on what is/isn't classed as a commercial vehicle?

I have a VW transporter and currently 70% through the conversion to a camper. Unfortunately, my CVRT is up and I need to get it tested. Is there anyway the tester can fail this as it is now ''classed a camper-van'?

I need this van as an everyday vehicle for now so I can’t just leave it off the road until the conversion is complete.
Advertisement
23-07-2020, 10:05   #2
Alkers

Send a message via MSN to Alkers
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloshea03 View Post
For CVRT testing, are there strict rules & regulations on what is/isn't classed as a commercial vehicle?

I have a VW transporter and currently 70% through the conversion to a camper. Unfortunately, my CVRT is up and I need to get it tested. Is there anyway the tester can fail this as it is now ''classed a camper-van'?

I need this van as an everyday vehicle for now so I can’t just leave it off the road until the conversion is complete.
In most cases there will be no issue, I have tested my van with the interiors removed, have heard isolated cases of there being issues at particular centres. As an SQI is required to declare a vehicle a campervan, if the CVRT tester claims it not to be a campervan, I would be requesting his SQI status and just getting them to assess the safety and roadworthyness of the vehicle.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion