Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camper conversion insurance

• 10-07-2020 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I'm thinking of converting a merc sprinter, probably the MWB high roof version, to a camper. Wondering about the insurance aspect as I'm only 19 with a years full license, my car insurance is bad enough as it is. Where to insure and where do I get the conversion certified?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭Alkers

Once the conversion is to a good standard, getting it certified is not a big issue. You will REALLY struggle to insure it until you're 25 though

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cathaljc00

Alkers wrote: »
    Once the conversion is to a good standard, getting it certified is not a big issue. You will REALLY struggle to insure it until you're 25 though

Is it possible to insure a parent with me as a named driver? Both parents have good insurance records.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭Alkers

Cathaljc00 wrote: »
    Is it possible to insure a parent with me as a named driver? Both parents have good insurance records.

Not that I am aware off, I tried it all when I was your age. Only policies I am aware of have strict 25+ requirements and some need five years no claims for each driver also

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cathaljc00

Alkers wrote: »
    Not that I am aware off, I tried it all when I was your age. Only policies I am aware of have strict 25+ requirements and some need five years no claims for each driver also

Seems insurance is always the problem, thanks:)

Advertisement