Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-08-2020, 10:11   #5281
Ash.J.Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anon. View Post
Yeah, but some people seem to get an extra kick out of criticising people who they (wrongly) believe you're not 'allowed' to criticise because their skin colour, gender, sexuality, etc.

For some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbleRouser2k View Post
Her twitter's gone mental.
Had a look there , what’s mental?
Advertisement
01-08-2020, 10:26   #5282
EmmetSpiceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash.J.Williams View Post
It was probably some form of negative “euphemism” for woke, feminist or being “vocal” in the BLM movement.
01-08-2020, 10:49   #5283
Hangdogroad

Benedict Cumberbatch, he might be a perfectly nice guy for all I know but I just can't stand his face.
(2) thanks from:
01-08-2020, 11:06   #5284
RabbleRouser2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash.J.Williams View Post
Used to be grand to talk to on twitter-now she jumps down your throat for anything you say. And it doesn't even have to be on her twitter- she's straight in there on a friend's page, with all sorts of 'if you were right next to me, you'd get a slap' talk.

I haven't interacted with her for a long while, and I had no negative experiences. But when I see her reactions like that (and this was long before Covid) I just think unplug from social media, walk away. It's not real life.

Dog-piling on people is not good for your or their mental health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmetSpiceland View Post
It was probably some form of negative “euphemism” for woke, feminist or being “vocal” in the BLM movement.
She's always been feminist-she went to the repeal rally wearing a black 'repeal' jumper. I have no issue with anything like that.
It's just going after people for something they say rather than just scrolling past and moving on.
01-08-2020, 13:35   #5285
RabbleRouser2k

Inexplicable but also explicable.

There's a guy on RTE who presents the weather, and he presents it like you'd present a radio show. Turns out he's a radio presenter-I didn't know, since I listen to podcasts rather than listen to the radio.

He talks slightly too fast, and doesn't give time for the information to sink in. If he's presenting the weather, I switch over to the BBC or Virgin Media 1 to get a better weather report.
Advertisement
01-08-2020, 14:49   #5286
bertiebomber

dr ebun joseph as she is constantly yelling at us and calling us names
02-08-2020, 10:47   #5287
johnire

She’s an absolute pain. Today FM made the right decision to dump her. She’s the classic jump on the bandwagon merchant.

Quote:
Used to be grand to talk to on twitter-now she jumps down your throat for anything you say. And it doesn't even have to be on her twitter- she's straight in there on a friend's page, with all sorts of 'if you were right next to me, you'd get a slap' talk.

I haven't interacted with her for a long while, and I had no negative experiences. But when I see her reactions like that (and this was long before Covid) I just think unplug from social media, walk away. It's not real life.

Dog-piling on people is not good for your or their mental health.

She's always been feminist-she went to the repeal rally wearing a black 'repeal' jumper. I have no issue with anything like that.
It's just going after people for something they say rather than just scrolling past and moving on.
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 12:00   #5288
RabbleRouser2k

I see Laura Whitmore is promoting the Black and tans now.... doing a podcast for the British army. Which is also sponsored by the british army... and she's tweeting how Northern IReland would have seen less atrocities if 'there was a gender balance in the north, during the troubles'...

Bloody hell, has all that peroxide rotted her brain?

And to tweet out a John Hume quote in the same breath...
Yesterday, 13:55   #5289
ClydeTallyBump

James Corden.

Jack Whitehall.

Raheem Sterling.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 17:57   #5290
Your Face

Usian Bolt.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 18:00   #5291
Seamai

Quote:
I see Laura Whitmore is promoting the Black and tans now.... doing a podcast for the British army. Which is also sponsored by the british army... and she's tweeting how Northern IReland would have seen less atrocities if 'there was a gender balance in the north, during the troubles'...

Bloody hell, has all that peroxide rotted her brain?

And to tweet out a John Hume quote in the same breath...
I got slated here once for calling Whitmore a media w**** but that's all she is.
Yesterday, 21:27   #5292
RMAOK

Gary Gannon - Social Democrats TD
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 21:56   #5293
Dickie10

expect whitmore to have one of those London/dublin twangs next time they roll her out on the LATE LATE, you know the one like sharon horgan. thats a very annoying accent. "Iv spent soooo long in Landan you see..." Una Healy has one too , but christ shes unreal.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 21:58   #5294
PTH2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickie10 View Post
expect whitmore to have one of those London/dublin twangs next time they roll her out on the LATE LATE, you know the one like sharon horgan. thats a very annoying accent. "Iv spent soooo long in Landan you see..." Una Healy has one too , but christ shes unreal.
Yeah sum birds to look at tbh but views can be annoying. Typical social media crap
Yesterday, 23:26   #5295
RabbleRouser2k

This is why I never saw the attraction in Una Healy or Whitmore.

Vacuous nobodies.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion