Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Change just one thing about Waterford, what would it be?

• 17-08-2015 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

I'd bring Ferrybank closer to us with a pedestrian bridge at the tower

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Id change the natives negative attitude and their sense of entitlement....:p

Na only joking. I would change all the quay area into a boardwalk with cafes quirky shops small green areas etc, plus build something tourist related over at the silo side of the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭deadybai

A decent mens clothes shop. Sick of everyone wearing identical clothes out of pennys

deadybai wrote: »
    A decent mens clothes shop. Sick of everyone wearing identical clothes out of pennys

And how would that improve Waterford? Not everyone can afford to shop in high end stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A big nasty 'fvck you' multi-national company coming in with 3000 jobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

obezyana wrote: »
    And how would that improve Waterford? Not everyone can afford to shop in high end stores.

The OP said 'one thing you would change about Waterford', nothing about improving it. deadybai said he'd add a decent clothes shop. Where did you get 'high-end' from? :confused:

What was that you said about a negative attitude?

• Advertisement

I cant afford the mens shops we currently have such as Fitzgearlds and Tommy Hillfiger. Theres either those type of shops or cheap sh!te. Theres no in between.

I cant afford the mens shops we currently have such as Fitzgearlds and Tommy Hillfiger. Theres either those type of shops or cheap sh!te. Theres no in between.

TK Maxx might suit you so.

The OP said 'one thing you would change about Waterford', nothing about improving it. deadybai said he'd add a decent clothes shop. Where did you get 'high-end' from? :confused:

What was that you said about a negative attitude?

Should change not be an improvement for the better if its not in your mind then you are the one with a negative attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Blow up the bridge so Waterford people have more jobs in Waterford :-P

Hijpo wrote: »
    Blow up the bridge so Waterford people have more jobs in Waterford :-P

We would have to round up the kilkenny people first and make sure they are on the other side :D

• Advertisement

TK Maxx might suit you so.

Nah I dont wear XXXL ;)

Nah I dont wear XXXL ;)

Haha a yeah thats TK Maxx alright. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

I’d get rid of this ridiculous we suck everywhere else is better ****e you get in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wish there would be a late pub open in the city on weeknights. I know shortts and revs stay open late but somewhere where you can sit down and enjoy a pint after 12. The Woodman used to be a late bar but it's only Fri and sat. Some of us hate crowds so local pubs are my thing mind you I'll find no future wife in these places lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Should change not be an improvement for the better if its not in your mind then you are the one with a negative attitude.

Of course it should. But you were a bit quick with a negative response to deadybai's post, that was my point. Of course new clothes shops would improve Waterford. Better choices, better value, more shoppers = more money spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

The people

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

The mindset.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Put a boardwalk along the Suir from the bridge to the Tower Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The smell of piss around the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭invara

Turn WIT into a university... with university funding.

6,000 more young people in the city studying, partying, working and adding to the vibrancy of life. The IDA would lure in some huge MNCs to Waterford, with top quality,high paying jobs. The additional population would push on the development of the city centre- improved retail and civic spaces, stabilise the hospital as a university hospital.

More of our young people would stay in the region (Waterford, Dungarvan, Tramore, Kilknenny, Carrick, New Ross, Wexford....) , stay to study (we lose about 25% of leaving cert people to Dublin/Cork/Limerick), they would meet their life-partners here, settle down and be close to their family (rather than using skype).... then one of them would spawn a hurling genius and we would win a flippen All-Ireland.

If only FG kept their 2011 manifesto problem to turn WIT into a proper university, that child might already be on his way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I would get a JCB and level the North Quay, What an ugly welcome into any city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I would like to see a university in Waterford with the same caliber as MIT in America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I would get a JCB and level the North Quay, What an ugly welcome into any city.

but then the council would have nothin to get everyones hopes up with every few years.

srsly though flatten the north quay + jurys and watch the price of property in town. would make the place a lot more desirable and remove that enniscorthy vibe goin around. can not believe theyre still there after all these years

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tallcarrie

Use the blank face of the Ard Ri - project movies, have moving pictures, let everyone know what's coming up - a completely wasted opportunity to promote the city

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Give out free blaa vouchers in the local dole office.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Tallcarrie wrote: »
    Use the blank face of the Ard Ri - project movies, have moving pictures, let everyone know what's coming up - a completely wasted opportunity to promote the city

drive in cinema!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭The Adversary

Jobs for young people. Let me tell you I love Waterford but trying to find work here is impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Hijpo

More ring forts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Change some things with rough council estates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Where to start...
    Knock down jurys the other side of the river. Knock down that eye sore on the very same side
    Level the quay and all the ****ty car parks and make a board walk the full length from the bridge to the tower.
    Fine people on the street for spitting and dressing like absolute scobes

There is so much wrong with the place because of bad planning I think it will is nearly irreversible.
    It would be great if there wad massive investment in the port as an alternative to Dublin port.

Some beautiful spots in Waterford county but the city really I a kip. Waterford people are provided probably the Best craic in the country but there is a woeful undercurrent of ****ebags.

Really is crying out for big investment .questions would have to be asked why this isn't happening airport,port,college...no excuses why a multinational couldn't move in there

Advertisement