Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anker Soundcore 2 wireless speaker - £27.99

Options
  • 17-12-2018 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

ablelocks wrote: »

I think it's been that price for a while as it been superseded by the Boost & then the Motion B.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Discodog wrote: »
    I think it's been that price for a while as it been superseded by the Boost & then the Motion B.

Was £39 and dropped to £28 for black friday and back again to £39 the next day.
    Great price for a great speaker.

The reviews of the Boost & Motion B seem better. The Motion B looks very good for an extra tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I got this one which is now £50, for £23 back in 2015... I think it was quite the bargain alert at the time:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0109TWZ54/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any idea how these two compare to it? Seems the ones above are 2 x 6w, where the one I got is 2 x 10w!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Redlim

Anker Soundcore Motion B down to £21.79 on Amazon. Not as cheap as the mad deal a few weeks ago but still lower than what's captured on camel camel camel.

Fully waterproof and 2 can be paired for stereo. Too late for Christmas but still a good deal.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CSPLGV9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8-jhCbB6WH1MP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Oh....I have the older soundcore and love it, gets daily use. But the stereo option.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I have the Boost. Aw some bit of kit. People often comment on how good it sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Redlim wrote: »
    Anker Soundcore Motion B down to £21.79 on Amazon. Not as cheap as the mad deal a few weeks ago but still lower than what's captured on camel camel camel.

Fully waterproof and 2 can be paired for stereo. Too late for Christmas but still a good deal.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CSPLGV9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8-jhCbB6WH1MP

Thanks I guess, no real need for it but bought it anyway last night, hard to pass up a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Motion B @ 24.99

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

orm0nd wrote:
    Motion B @ 24.99

Half the battery life for a 3 pound saving?

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    Half the battery life for a 3 pound saving?

A lot of reviews say that the Motion B sounds better, has waterproofing & the ability to connect a pair for stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Discodog wrote: »
    A lot of reviews say that the Motion B sounds better, has waterproofing & the ability to connect a pair for stereo.

as above

sound quality by far & I'd also be a bit sceptical about the long term realibility of the 24 hour model , (imo it's an inferior spec, battery )

horses for coarses though and whatever suits your needs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

another item that's not needed but still at good price if quality to go anything by headphones it should be good, also battery claims wouldn't dismiss that as headphones manage 7-8hrs on essentially less then few mill strip of battery.

As sound quality goes i think people always expect studio quality for what is essentially just a portable speaker for few quid, so deep bass and all the ranges would be silly to compare, as long as it doesnt crack, id go with anker as they seem to be making way as one of the more decent companies without paying double or triple for same item for more brand named ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

orm0nd wrote: »
    Motion B @ 24.99

Bit the bullet. Thanks.

Advertisement