Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,631 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

€25 off €100 spend voucher for Dunnes in the Sunday world which is handy for anyone sticking up on booze

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The grafters bottles were €1.50 in Dunnes, anyone when that price was valid until?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

jharr100 wrote: »
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Bit late now lol they are all gone

They were gone in 5 mins in Lidl carrigaline..
    I saw a staff member in his green Lidl shirt buy 6 he had stashed for himself at 11am!
    Interesting, the staff member handing out the whiskey yesterday told us that they are not allowed to buy any of the special offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

24 cans of bulmers for €22 euro yesterday in Mullingar

nice

Interesting, the staff member handing out the whiskey yesterday told us that they are not allowed to buy any of the special offers?

I saw a member of staff heading into the office with one yesterday, what is allowed and what actually happens are two different things I’d say
    Good luck to them if they can bag a cheap bottle or two, it would be a diffferent thing if they bought all the 55” TVs to sell on adverts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    24 cans of bulmers for €22 euro yesterday in Mullingar

nice

Care to let us know which shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I saw a fella I know take one back for a refund he’d bought yesterday and buy it back again

Yesterday (15/12/2018) evening, I saw few Bushmill bottles on the shelf, but the price was displayed as 19.99. I don't know if they are the same as the one mentioned as available on offer for €10. I have taken a photo of it; I should be able to post it here after some time.

Should I have tried to purchase those bottles for getting the €10 offer price?
    Would that have been scanned at the offer price at the till?

In deed, I asked about this with the store keeper working on the floor, who didn't comment about it but just said those bottles were not on offer and the offer bottles were sold out.

Were the bottles on offer different from those bottles that were on the shelf?

mac.in wrote: »
    Yesterday (15/12/2018) evening, I saw few Bushmill bottles on the shelf, but the price was displayed as 19.99. I don't know if they are the same as the one mentioned as available on offer for €10. I have taken a photo of it; I should be able to post it here after some time.

Should I have tried to purchase those bottles for getting the €10 offer price?
    Would that have been scanned at the offer price at the till?

In deed, I asked about this with the store keeper working on the floor, who didn't comment about it but just said those bottles were not on offer and the offer bottles were sold out.

post it on social media lidl pages to complain

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mac.in wrote: »
    The bottles are mainly white and 700ml. I doubt the black label was 20 but maybe it was.

I would have just chanced it, asked for a till price check.

I doubt there is anything to stop them putting up the price during the day on any item if they want to. I presume there was no sign up saying it was a tenner. Although the images on their facebook page say a tenner on the 15th.

Why I doubt there is a restriction is since my tesco used to be 24 hrs and obviously had price increases happen at some time during those 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

For anyone interested in the Lidl cream liqueur, they raised the price to 9.99 so people are better off buying actual Baileys.

• Advertisement

Some wines 6 for €50 in Tesco (I imagine you’ll get another 5% off original price in this deal too - noteworthy if using a voucher and just want to spend a min amount)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

vicwatson wrote: »
    Some wines 6 for €50 in Tesco (I imagine you’ll get another 5% off original price in this deal too - noteworthy if using a voucher and just want to spend a min amount)

Is there 25% off offer over?

Is there 25% off offer over?

Yes since yesterday

I know on one wine I was looking at its cheaper now at 6 for 50 (as you prob get 5% off the original price aswell) than when it was 25% off at full price and no extra 5% off

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aldi Thursday
    Prosecco 750ml €5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭elperello

vicwatson wrote: »
    The grafters bottles were €1.50 in Dunnes, anyone when that price was valid until?

Still there today, I don't know when the offer ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Hi Guys,

Has anybody seen promotions on Applemans in Dublin ?

Any response appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

Supervalu has 10 off 6 bottles. Their chateauneuf de pape reduce from 30 to 15 so 13.33 a bottle of you get the 6, would normally be 30 a bottle. Great deal, good for Christmas presents or just to have yourself!

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-france-rhone-chateauneuf-de-pape-remy-ferbras-75-centiliter-/p-1035715000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Care to let us know which shop?

sorry, Centra shops

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

zell12 wrote: »
    Aldi Thursday
    Prosecco 750ml €5

Pic shows €9.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Pic shows €9.99?
    It's buy one, get one free. So it's essentially 5 euro per bottle. Only on Thursday though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Anywhere still have the slab bulmers for 20

GY A1 wrote: »
    Anywhere still have the slab bulmers for 20

I think Tesco are €25 so get two and use a spend and save voucher from the paper and you will get them for €20 each

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think Tesco are €25
    yes tesco are still €25, and the bulmers light is also €25, not sure if that was on offer with the rest before.

Balls
    I’ve made the bulmers in Tesco sound so appealing I’m heading there later to get more, herself has nowhere to stash presents this year with all the cheap drink, the only bargain I didnt like was the coors light 2 boxes for €25, I drank a blast of them the other night and may as well have drank water

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Dunnes Stores
    Valid until the 20th.

VOrXfgw.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Supervalu has 10 off 6 bottles. Their chateauneuf de pape reduce from 30 to 15 so 13.33 a bottle of you get the 6, would normally be 30 a bottle. Great deal, good for Christmas presents or just to have yourself!

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-france-rhone-chateauneuf-de-pape-remy-ferbras-75-centiliter-/p-1035715000

They have 2012, 2014 & 2015, anyone know which is the most preferable?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Could hit Dunnes either tomorrow or Saturday with my 25 off 100 voucher, any advice for an all booze spend for small presents?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Balls
    I’ve made the bulmers in Tesco sound so appealing I’m heading there later to get more, herself has nowhere to stash presents this year with all the cheap drink, the only bargain I didnt like was the coors light 2 boxes for €25, I drank a blast of them the other night and may as well have drank water

If any of ya's are near a B&M bargains with an offy in the North - they have 8 cans of Magners for £4.99 so £14.97 for 24. Not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

Could hit Dunnes either tomorrow or Saturday with my 25 off 100 voucher, any advice for an all booze spend for small presents?

Irish Distillers have two sets of 50 ml whiskeys. One is 4 by 50 ml of Greenspot, Redbreast , Johns Lane and Barry Crockett. Usually 35, on special in Dunnes at 30 less your voucher.
    Second is 3 by 50 ml Redbreast, 12 yo, Lustau and 15 yo. Usually 25 , on special at 20.

U would get 2 of each set for 75 ! Brilliant for whiskey drinkers as presents and for me (for moderate consumption...50 ml my limit).

Also a great tasting opportunity . Barry Crockett is 250 a bottle and 25+ in a pub to try. Others are 60 ish a bottle except 15 yo Redbreast 90 ish.

Will be trying over Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

HJL wrote: »
    They have 2012, 2014 & 2015, anyone know which is the most preferable?

2015 vintage rated 97/100 but not ready to drink yet (I suggest you place it in your cellar for a few years beside your Petrus '57 and your Blue Nun '18)
    2012 vintage rated 93/100 and ready to drink last night, so I did and it was quite nice - definitely worth the price. Doesn't have the clout or complex mineral taste of an 'expensive' Chateauneuf, but can't really expect that for that price.
    2014 - don't know, sorry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement