Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Speakers Walnut £129 & £6.99 delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Oh, v tempting, these got amazing reviews a couple of years back...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Wonder would these be good in place of a soundbar like the sonos playbar or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CurlyEng

cronos wrote: »
    Wonder would these be good in place of a soundbar like the sonos playbar or something like that.
    That’s one for the audiophiles to answer :-) I’m just hooking them to an old Amp. I’m sure if you asked over on HotUkDeals there would be loads of audiophiles who will answer your question properly.

cronos wrote: »
    That’s one for the audiophiles to answer :-) I’m just hooking them to an old Amp. I’m sure if you asked over on HotUkDeals there would be loads of audiophiles who will answer your question properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

For the price these are really good speakers, matched with a decent amp you can't go wrong, as for replacing a soundbar, they are mainly for stereo listening (or full 5.1 if you buy more of them :-) )

• Advertisement

kao123 wrote: »
    For the price these are really good speakers, matched with a decent amp you can't go wrong, as for replacing a soundbar, they are mainly for stereo listening (or full 5.1 if you buy more of them :-) )
    Ahaa we have audiophiles here too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Free delivery if you pay in euros, €149. Makes it cheaper again.

CurlyEng wrote: »
    Ahaa we have audiophiles here too :-)

Dunno about that, it's an expensive hobby, but with these Monitor Audio's you can't go wrong, just watch out though, you'll want to buy more of them and then upgrade them and so on :-)

Dang it’s gone up to £169 now @mod maybe expire this (albeit many see huge value HUKD >1000 degrees) at this price

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

Still €149 for me at this link...

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12902-monitor-audio-bronze-2-walnut-walnut-speakers-per-pair.aspx?swapstore=1

This is an amazing deal. I can vouch for them having used them for the past 4-5 years with my Hi-Fi. They have a decent amount of bass but I'd imagine people might also want a subwoofer if using them in a 5.1 set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Just to note, for anyone thinking of replacing a soundbar, you would need to buy an amplifier too. Worth doing though, decent speakers and amp will always sound so much better than any single or smart speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

How would you know what spec of an amp to match these?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

https://www.whathifi.com/monitor-audio/bronze-2/review

They mention some pairings here. When you say spec, you talking about impedance etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    https://www.whathifi.com/monitor-audio/bronze-2/review

They mention some pairings here. When you say spec, you talking about impedance etc?

Thanks, I saw that after. I guess just trying to match an amp to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

I was watching these for a while.
    Finally pulled the trigger yesterday.
    I'm going to match them with a turntable and vintage marantz 2230 amp. :)

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    I was watching these for a while.
    Finally pulled the trigger yesterday.
    I'm going to match them with a turntable and vintage marantz 2230 amp. :)

Good call, I had a pair matched with a Marantz 2265, really enjoyed the warm sound, they are a good match imo.

Ps they let me change the order from sterling and delivery to euro - great customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Anyone looking for a something a bit neater these are a brilliant bookshelf speaker.

Think they look a little better too.

https://www.hifihut.ie/q-acoustics-3020i-bookshelf-speaker-pair-carbon-black-7911.html

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

I got the Monitor Audio Bronze 1 speakers from Richer. €129 + free delivery. Brilliant little speakers, a huge improvement on the Mordaunt-Short 15s they replaced.

eoinf wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a something a bit neater these are a brilliant bookshelf speaker.

Think they look a little better too.

https://www.hifihut.ie/q-acoustics-3020i-bookshelf-speaker-pair-carbon-black-7911.html

Smaller sound too though https://www.bestadvisor.com/bookshelf-speaker/monitor-audio-bronze-2-vs-q-acoustics-3020

• Advertisement

All set up, very happy with the speakers.
    They look and sound great, absolute steal at that price. :)

CPL 593H

Nice ðŸ‘
    I recall reading somewhere with the air travel in theses speakers 30cm clearance at the back is recommended if possible

Yeah it's a bit of a temporary set-up as it is.
    Need to move the whole lot to somewhere more spacious, get the tt off the amp and give the speakers room to breathe.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

That's a lovely set up. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭PCDub

CurlyEng wrote: »
    Nice ðŸ‘
    I recall reading somewhere with the air travel in theses speakers 30cm clearance at the back is recommended if possible

Shouldn't be ok with front ported speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭PCDub

I’ve a set of the bronze 2 in walnut still in the box I’ll let go for 100e if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

PCDub wrote: »
    I’ve a set of the bronze 2 in walnut still in the box I’ll let go for 100e if anyone is interested.

I'll drop you a direct message.

Sold?
    A friend of mine is interested in buying a pair after hearing mine.

CPL 593H

PCDub wrote: »

Where are you based?

• Advertisement

What mounts are those?

Advertisement