Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭homingbird

I now seem to be getting 4G from my lyca sim as you can see it says roaming if that means anything.
    https://imgur.com/pZQGSGs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Yes I am also getting LTE+ now with Lyca on a cheap data only SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Yep I'm getting it too

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Getting 4G out in the sticks too. Quick speedtest giving me between 25-50MB :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Could be related to a temporary 3 month licence issued to the MNOs by Comreg, it allows them to use the 3G 2100 MHz band for 4G services during the Covid-19 period. Licences can be given a further 3 month period if the situation continues.

Big Comreg spectrum auction next year, to include this band, which will allow liberalised use licences from 3G only to 4G/5G as required.

Does this now mean prices are on the way up & I just switched to them no complaint s now .. this will make Tesco mobile lose a lot of it's customers.

homingbird wrote: »
    Does this now mean prices are on the way up & I just switched to them no complaint s now .. this will make Tesco mobile lose a lot of it's customers.

I doubt it. They have been using this pricing model for a long time

JaCrispy wrote: »
    I doubt it. They have been using this pricing model for a long time

Tesco upped there prices when they switched to 4G.The faster roll out of 5G might be the only thing to keep prices down for 4G customer s.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Shorty69664

I received this text from them....

Fast, faster, Lycamobile! 4G data available to all Lycamobile customers at no extra cost! You can opt out from receiving marketing SMS by sending STOP to 3232.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Aly1987

Hi can anyone help. I’m a Lyca customer and signed up to Ireland plus deal for €15 But I can only text Lyca virgin and 3 customers as they are all same network. Any other network doesn’t receive my texts and my deal only ever lasts 14 days. Any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I doubt it. They did the same when 4G rolled out. Customers started getting 3G.
    Aly1987 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help. I’m a Lyca customer and signed up to Ireland plus deal for €15 But I can only text Lyca virgin and 3 customers as they are all same network. Any other network doesn’t receive my texts and my deal only ever lasts 14 days. Any help would be appreciated
    Fastest response is usually on their facebook page, but it might be better to also order a new sim and see if that fixes the issues, as with any of these budget networks, their customer support isn't good.

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Getting 4G out in the sticks too. Quick speedtest giving me between 25-50MB :eek:

Can get a speed test to work at all, tried all the usual ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

NATLOR wrote: »
    Can get a speed test to work at all, tried all the usual ones

Have you turned on data roaming

irishchris wrote: »
    Have you turned on data roaming

Yeah tried that but no joy. No big deal but a bit strange

Hi back again trying to move my sisters number over to lyca its looking for 19 digit imie number on website her imie is only 15 digits long. I am going to get her to ring them to move it are you charged ringing there customer service . the website also meesed up my other friend number in moving it its not working anymore & hasnt moved over yet. THEY have 2 numbers to ring 132 & a dublin number are you charged ringing the dublin number on a lyca phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi back again trying to move my sisters number over to lyca its looking for 19 digit imie number on website her imie is only 15 digits long. I am going to get her to ring them to move it are you charged ringing there customer service . the website also meesed up my other friend number in moving it its not working anymore & hasnt moved over yet. THEY have 2 numbers to ring 132 & a dublin number are you charged ringing the dublin number on a lyca phone.

I could send you a referral for Yolla and you would get $3 of Yolla credit that you could use to call the Dublin number?

Use this code to sign up and you should get $3 credit

https://yolla.im/FJV1N6

$0.016 per minute to Irish landlines.

DopeTech wrote: »
    I could send you a referral for Yolla and you would get $3 of Yolla credit that you could use to call the Dublin number?

Use this code to sign up and you should get $3 credit

https://yolla.im/FJV1N6

$0.016 per minute to Irish landlines.

Ok thanks I sent them a message & I will give them till midday to ring before I try getting in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

This is a referral for Yolla and you would get $3 of Yolla credit.
    https://yolla.im/LO7IWA

https://yolla.im/LO7IWA

I think a service like Yolla is good as international call rates through mobile operators is high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Do you still keep your credit with the €15 plan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

castle2012 wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Can lycamobile credit be used on google play or anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can lycamobile credit be used on google play or anywhere else?

No

DopeTech wrote: »
    No

Has to be the best deal on the market. 30 day plan, keep your credit and 4g. Excellent

You dont get to keep your credit when you buy a plan
    See post 1700 for the best way to pay for the service

You are not charged if you have an active plan or topup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Keep credit is a top up offer that includes 15GB and all calls for 30 days

The terms of the offer state that it can be withdrawn whenever Lyca choose. They renew the offer every month but there's no guarantee that it will be renewed next month or the month after etc...only Lyca know that. The current offer expires on 30 June.

Lyca used to block tethering, they might still do so, if you need to tether, get a SIM and test it out before porting.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Keep credit is a top up offer that includes 15GB and all calls for 30 days

The terms of the offer state that it can be withdrawn whenever Lyca choose. They renew the offer every month but there's no guarantee that it will be renewed next month or the month after etc...only Lyca know that. The current offer expires on 30 June.

Lyca used to block tethering, they might still do so, if you need to tether, get a SIM and test it out before porting.

I'm with Tesco and keep credit for following month to spend on data etc.
    No guarantee that the plan will be available after 30th of June, yea that would be a deciding factor for me. I don't think I would change unless I knew it was permanent.

I'm with Tesco and keep credit for following month to spend on data etc.
    No guarantee that the plan will be available after 30th of June, yea that would be a deciding factor for me. I don't think I would change unless I knew it was permanent.

They've been using this free credit model for at least 2 years now. There are no indications that it is going to change anytime soon.

• Advertisement

How much data do you get when you just topup not buy a bundle as it doesn't state it also I got on too them to find out how to see your data usage as I switched over someone & they got no length of data usage they used wifi for most of the time I have to contact them Monday to sort this out.

Advertisement