Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

• 22-04-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Has anyone applied for it this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RachyPie

Hey,

I applied for the Graduate Programmes HR Group Support Role on the 11th of April. I got a confirmation email the next day saying :

"We are currently reviewing all applications received and we will contact those applicants who successfully reach the next stage of the selection process within the next four weeks by 11th May 2011.

Haven't heard anything back yet. Fingers crossed!

just wondering if anyone else has heard anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

I applied for the graduate position in Captital Markets also. Received same confirmation e-mail as above. Haven't heard anything back since so, unless I hear back today, it's not looking too good :( Anyone else get e-mails since? Would just like to know if I'm definitely out of the running for this. I don't have a background in Banking or Finance so wasn't really too hopeful anyway.

Best of luck to everyone who applied!

I heard back yesterday, they called at around 9.45am. They just went through my application to make sure all information was correct.

My interview was then arranged for the 24th of May. It will comprise of an 8 minute presentation (didn't say on what) :confused: and some competency based questions.

Does anybody have any experience with this, or know what I'll have to make the presentation on? Any info at all would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

RachyPie wrote: »
    I heard back yesterday, they called at around 9.45am. They just went through my application to make sure all information was correct.

My interview was then arranged for the 24th of May. It will comprise of an 8 minute presentation (didn't say on what) :confused: and some competency based questions.

Does anybody have any experience with this, or know what I'll have to make the presentation on? Any info at all would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what the presentation could be on either. I'd imagine the competency based questions will be the general interview type questions, i.e., "describe a situation when you had to make a quick decision?"

Do you mind me askin what course/masters u did?

• Advertisement

Not at all, I'm final year Bachelor of Business Studies in DCU, specializing in HR Management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dancelote

Good luck to everybody in the interviews. May I ask what format you're all using for your presentations? They said we would not have access to multimedia, which rules out Powerpoint- unless they expect us to bring our own laptops and use that instead? I'm on at the end of the week so I still have a bit more time, if only I knew what way I should be presenting it!

I doubt they expect us to bring our own laptops or anything like that, it would probably be a bit messy and time consuming to set it all up etc.
    I think the presentation is there, basically just to see if you can communicate effectively. There's no need for fancy powerpoint etc.

Personally, I'm just going to speak, and give them a copy of a word document outlining the main points I make.

I'm not sure what others are doing, but I think that's how I'm gonna play it.

Oh and the best of luck to you too! What programme did you apply for?

RachyPie wrote: »
    I doubt they expect us to bring our own laptops or anything like that, it would probably be a bit messy and time consuming to set it all up etc.
    I think the presentation is there, basically just to see if you can communicate effectively. There's no need for fancy powerpoint etc.

Personally, I'm just going to speak, and give them a copy of a word document outlining the main points I make.

I'm not sure what others are doing, but I think that's how I'm gonna play it.

Oh and the best of luck to you too! What programme did you apply for?

Best of luck and let us know how it goes! I think your spot on with the presentation, i'm going for the capital markets programme.

Hey,

I had mine this morning. I think it went really well. If anybody wants any info on what to expect, just PM me.

Also, does anyone know when we'll be hearing back as to whether we're succesful or not. I forgot to ask :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Anyone heard anything back yet?

Haven't heard anything back yet, they said it'd be 3 weeks before they would be contacting people

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Dunston wrote: »
    Best of luck and let us know how it goes! I think your spot on with the presentation, i'm going for the capital markets programme.

Hi Dunston, Just saw you also went for the Capital Markets programme, may I also ask what course/master you did before applying or what experience you had. Just interested to find out what they are looking for. Like I said above, my degree was in Engineering so I don't have any direct experience in Finance or Economics.

Best of luck with the interview process, hope it goes well for ye!

friendface wrote: »
    Hi Dunston, Just saw you also went for the Capital Markets programme, may I also ask what course/master you did before applying or what experience you had. Just interested to find out what they are looking for. Like I said above, my degree was in Engineering so I don't have any direct experience in Finance or Economics.

Best of luck with the interview process, hope it goes well for ye!

Hi Friendface, I sent you a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭advicewhore

Hi guys, also did the interview for this...did they really say it'd be 3 weeks? what date would that be, end of next week??? Good luck to all!

Has anyone heard anything yet?????

Still nothing. I'd say we'll hear by the end of next week though.

Still nothing, and it's been over 3 weeks now.
    Anyone else get a call?

I was literally just about to write on this too! I've lost hope at this stage, still no word :( After tomorrow I might get in contact with them, find out what the story is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 JAJB

Hey...
    I also did interview, but they told me they werent letting people know until the end of June...... they said three or four weeks probably end of june....
    (not surprising seen as the Bank is in unsteady water atm)
    I hadnt given up yet:/... no news is good news................................

• Advertisement

Anyone hear anything..... :/

No not yet...did you?? I'd prefer just to know now at this stage if I didn't get it so I can keep looking for other stuff!!

nope nothing... talk about keeping us on tenderhooks eh.. I have a feeling it will be next week i dont know y but i was pretty sure that they said end of june so thats what Im holding on to..:) ... i know i reaaly would too trying to decide what to do in september and cant really do that until i know about this.. at this stage knowing either way would be great.....
    which programme did you go for..

I applied for the Capital Markets programme in London. I'm the exact same I won't know what I'm doing in September until I find out, I just really want to know either way so I can sort out my plans! I never asked in the interview when we would hear, I really should have! What did you apply for?

yeah me 2 well that was my first pref cap markets in dublin or london...... i know its so wierd interview seems so long ago........ fingers crossed for us..:)

Hey, I've still not heard back either.
    It was 4 weeks yesterday since my interview, does anyone think it would be ok to email them and ask about when we'll hear back? This waiting around is killing me!

yep same as 4 weeks yday.

I dont think it would do any harm. I was going to wait it out until end of next week.. but this week the wait seems to have bothered me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Autobot17

I rang up today (the UK number). I was told the lady over it was in Dublin and presumably beginning to sort out who's in and who's out. The person I spoke to didn't really know anything though, only that ''no decisions have been made yet''. She said I'd probably hear ''in a week or two'', but that was just a generic answer that mightn't be that accurate.

To be honest, I don't see how decisions can't be made at this stage. It's been a month or so.

they told me in interview, when i asked when id know the decision.....itd be a month or so because this month people were going on annual leave/holidays so the decision couldnt be made until they were all back. it probably will be this week or next week so....

• Advertisement

Ugh guess we'll just have to wait it out so! Over a month is so annoying though I hate waiting!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement