Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oil, coal, turf, briquettes and firewood, where to get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Magnus wrote: »
    Just ordered 500 ltrs there from Texoil for 285 euro, 57 cent/ltr
    They'll come out tonight
    Just checked today. 3/4 gone in five and a half weeks.
    Best top up before Christmas :( Damn cold.

Rang Mor Oil yesterday, got 500 litres today for €300.
    Steep but at least we won't be without for Christmas and New Years. Now when everyone is home all day the heating is on all the time with the cold weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Magnus wrote: »
    Rang Mor Oil yesterday, got 500 litres today for €300.
    Steep but at least we won't be without for Christmas and New Years. Now when everyone is home all day the heating is on all the time with the cold weather.

500 litres cost approx 260 euro, so they charging you 40 quid delivery.
    Allot of places arent charging delivery lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 inspired09

Got 1000 litres yesterday for 550 euro from Corrib Oil.

alibabba wrote: »
    500 litres cost approx 260 euro, so they charging you 40 quid delivery.
    Allot of places arent charging delivery lately.
    I rang a few others first but they were all 280 or so and couldn't for sure say they'd make it before Christmas. Didn't want to take chances this close to the holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Garbally oil charged my sis 50 cent a ltr and elite oil are very cheap also.
    Dont have there no .

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 17 skdb

jmc1546 wrote: »
    Sorry to go kinda off topic but im living in a rented house and will be moving out in jan and i dont want to spend money on oil that we wont use so is it possible to get less then 500ltrs from any oil company in galway?

Did you get any feedback on this one?
    I am too interested in companies that can deliver less than 500 ltrs...
    snubbleste wrote: »
    Yes. The minimum is around €150 worth

Start calling around for quotes

Do you happen to know which companies allow this as I have found no-one so far that does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

Texoil do €150, but the more you order the better you get per litre,
    texoil 091 795188

theres also a guy called " cosy home heating " but he is very unreliable imho,
    he told me he would be with me after 6 before christmas, and turned up at 10.30 pm, with no phone call to advise me, ( i went to bed lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Elite oil also do this and i just checked my bill
    I ordered €300 and got 556.00ltrs =264 + VAT
    They also deliver smaller amounts

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I got heating oil a few weeks ago but have had no money taken from my a/c yet. Quite annoyed as am afraid it & mortgage will come out at same time, is that normal for them to wait to take it out? Never experienced anything like it before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

Is der any places that deliver anyting below €200

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

liam12989 wrote: »
    Is der any places that deliver anyting below €200
    Not many places.. but i think corrib oil or galway oil.
    but for the sake of 50eur id go with suttons oil 200eur..350 litres bargain. another place 200 for 310 litres huge dif. id go wit suttons.
    the higher u go the cheaper the oil but that v cheap with suttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I paid Mor Oil €250 for 400 litres yesterday (62.5c/l). They had quoted me 0.64c/l for 300 litres (€192). I think that that was around their minimum delivery.

Moonandstars; that Suttons price is excellent (€200 for 350 litres = 0.57c/l)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

Fey! wrote: »
    I paid Mor Oil €250 for 400 litres yesterday (62.5c/l). They had quoted me 0.64c/l for 300 litres (€192). I think that that was around their minimum delivery.

Moonandstars; that Suttons price is excellent (€200 for 350 litres = 0.57c/l)
    I kno..norm i get it from mor oil but today they quoted me 310 litres for 200eur. not great compard to suttons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I ordered 500 litres for €275 from Corrib Oil today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 busybibi

I have just paid 310 for 500 litres of diesel from McLoughlins in Balbriggan thats not cheap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

busybibi wrote: »
    I have just paid 310 for 500 litres of diesel from McLoughlins in Balbriggan thats not cheap!!

Then why did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

They probably charged you extra to deliver it to Galway! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

might be worth checking out boilerjuice.ie for a quick comparison quotation next time before you order - or even now to see how much you've paid over the odds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Corrib Oil were quoting €595 this afternoon for 1000 litres; €310 for 500 litres.

Sweeney Oil were quoting €580 for 1000 litres and €315 for 500 litres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

might be worth checking out boilerjuice.ie for a quick comparison quotation next time before you order - or even now to see how much you've paid over the odds :D

Checked them out, but they don't seem to be doing quotes for Galway City.

Nope, cooperation with Boilerjuice would make Galway oil companies' practices too transparent and accountable altogether.

Now, which Galway oil company will be the first to break from the c..... cycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Corrib Oil were quoting €595 this afternoon for 1000 litres; €310 for 500 litres.

Sweeney Oil were quoting €580 for 1000 litres and €315 for 500 litres.

I rang around yesterday (Fri) looking for 1000 litres and was quoted:

Corrib: €580
    Sweeneys: €570
    Galway Oil: €585
    Suttons: €595
    O Connell: €580

If you are a regular customer you may be able to haggle them down 20 or 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

ordered from Corrib today at 56c per litre.
    so 560 for 1000 litre fill

Based a couple of miles outside of loughrea

Does anyone know of any oil companies that take American Express as payment? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

If you are going to be in this country long enough to need to buy oil , I would suggest that you apply for a visa or mastercard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Just ordered 800 litres.

Corrib Oil: €480. €0.60 cent per litre.
    Sweeney: €470. €0.59
    Sutton: €470. €0.59
    Boilerjuice.ie: €456. €0.50

Boilerjuice got the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Who are boilerjuice.ie???

If you are going to be in this country long enough to need to buy oil , I would suggest that you apply for a visa or mastercard.
    That really does not help or answer my question.
    I am just looking for an Oil company that accepts American Express as a payment method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

pencil wrote: »
    Just ordered 800 litres.

Corrib Oil: €480. €0.60 cent per litre.
    Sweeney: €470. €0.59
    Sutton: €470. €0.59
    Boilerjuice.ie: €456. €0.50

Boilerjuice got the business.

BOILERJUICE dont operate in Galway city, and i thought this was a galway city thread???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

skdb wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any oil companies that take American Express as payment? :confused:

He's right. American Express is a pain in the arse to have in this country. even to buy petrol/diesel th only garage in galway city that accepts is the Sweeney garage on the Headford road; but Sweeney oil as a company don't as far as I know. Seriously, pay cash or get a visa or mastercard; American Express is akin to a pariah in this country. I had one for business for a bit and I got rid of it as effectively most of the time it was useless.

Advertisement