Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

no bank will issue a mortgage letter saying for which amount you applied for. like "Conor McGregor applied for a mortgage of [font=arial, sans-serif]€[/font]1,000,000 and was duly rejected."
    so the whole process is a big joke. 
    I applied in South Dublin CoCo. I applied here because I live in Tallaght for 5 years and this is where I want to buy  and settle down.
    But they are imposible to deal with. They asked for several papers which no other county asked for. So I went in to submit my papers. You need to submit them at the help desk where all other county council maters are handled. The lady was like, yeah sure, all the papers are fine, everything is fine.
    So 6 weeks later I got a rejection letter because apparently many more papers are missing. I rang them several times. The secretary answers, when he answers, and reads my rejection letter over and over. I ask can I meet with someone from housing. He said NO, they do not want to meet with you, they are busy with other applications. I ask him can he tell me which papers are missing. He tells me he has no idea as he is just a secretary and just files the papers. I ask to speak with the people who actually work in housing and they every time say that is not possible.
    So they take in your application. And most times something is missing because the underwriters need papers which are not on the checklist. And they will not in any case contact you. Even tho I gave them my phone number and email address and home address repeatedly. They say it is not their job to contact with me. So they send on the application to the underwriter and it gets rejected because of missing papers. And they come back to you saying you were rejected.
    So this is the council our tax money goes towards. They are not working for the benefit of people. They are just receiving the applications and filing the rejection letters.
    So good luck. You might as well apply in another county council asap. After having to deal with So Du CoCo I'm not sorry I'll be leaving Tallaght, because I don't want to live in a county which works like this.

Yea we had a great meeting with Dublin city council which felt a lot more professional so to speak , I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a sit down appointment for something of this nature .

And having their own checklist makes a mockery of the scheme , very hard not to get frustrated with this council

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Coinsguy

It’s doesnt matter the type of property you are looking for ... we put on our property tbc.. it’s the amount they are after. Apply to two banks ..if you have children Kbc are quite tough on disposable income after children . Once you have two offers from banks that prove insufficient funds from two banks that is sufficient for your application

Perfect thank you. Online calculators apparently are accepted, what ones are people using on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Coinsguy wrote: »
    Perfect thank you. Online calculators apparently are accepted, what ones are people using on here?

I was told the online calculators aren’t being accepted by the helpline at the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Coinsguy

I was told the online calculators aren’t being accepted by the helpline at the beginning

I'm pretty sure they changed their FAQs a while back from what I remember. I'll double check that though.

My situation is messy when it comes to this, especially since I have most of my money in stocks. Its hard to say I have xx,xxx of a deposit. One day it could be more, the next it could be lower.

I wouldn't want to cash it out until I know I can get a mortgage. But if I tell them I have 20k saved and they want proof, it could easily change by the time they look at the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Coinsguy wrote: »
    It’s doesnt matter the type of property you are looking for ... we put on our property tbc.. it’s the amount they are after. Apply to two banks ..if you have children Kbc are quite tough on disposable income after children . Once you have two offers from banks that prove insufficient funds from two banks that is sufficient for your application

We rang aib and did application over phone no supporting documents needed and they sent us out an approval in principle in a couple of days and that was accepted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

We rang aib and did application over phone no supporting documents needed and they sent us out an approval in principle in a couple of days and that was accepted

I did an online application with AIB and got a AIP there and then, obviously the amount was too low but was good for an insufficient funds letter and proof when putting a deposit on a house.

SNNUS wrote: »
    I did an online application with AIB and got a AIP there and then, obviously the amount was too low but was good for an insufficient funds letter and proof when putting a deposit on a house.

Yea we did the same , Dublin city accepted it but south Dublin wouldn't as it doesn't say the amount we were rejected for .......Even though it does

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sammylok1977

i went to EBS in mary street and AIB in Grafton street and they give the letter to said what they offer me. You have to prepare you 3 years P60, 3 months payslip, banks statement when you talk to them, otherwise they would not give you any letter, I went to all the bank in O Connell street and get nothing , so don't go there .

• Registered Users Posts: 30 suemurray

Can I ask anyone who has revived an approval or a decline if you know whether all income is considered or are say bonus and overtime only taken at50%? Is child benefit etc considered income? Any help be great on this

Finally have an appointment today with DCC. Officer <snip> she is very nice And helpful. If you have a gift from your family make sure you have 3% of your gift amount. They don't consider bonus so only take 10% of my commissions and overtime. As my age 41, so the loan Year is 29. I didn't put the amount of mortgage so <snip> the very nice officer she did the calculation for me. No point to put in on your own. Better let them do the calculation! Finger cross and prayed for me!!

• Advertisement

Can I ask how many weeks you have been waiting?

I m only submitted my application, she said it will take 2 months, she said is too many application. So need to wait at least 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 28 voodosheeb

I've been waiting 7 weeks

Which coco you go? I asked the officer how long I have to wait ? She said I can contact her after 2 months if I didn't get any answer !

Wicklow they said 6-8 weeks but rebuilding Ireland said 4-6

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Whodat19

It can take 4-6 weeks but it depends on the coco I think & if it's urgent they can make a rush

Did you take the contact details of the person who dealing with you? I ask the officer if I can contact her and she says yes!! She did said the process is take long but right now they hired more people so the process is take quicker then the before ! So if you over 2 months maybe you should contact them !!

We communicated by email so I have fella's name he was quick to reply anytime i emailed him

the person I am dealing with is very helpful, I appreciate the people in the council are under pressure as nobody anticipated the huge interest in the scheme and all they can provide are limited updates

Finger cross it will come soon !! I have 8 weeks to wait !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Cazzums

Finally got a call today after 15 weeks saying iv been approved a loan and the paperwork will be posted today! Finally! Not the amount I was looking for but it will have to do!!

Iv just been approved after 15 weeks! No complications with my application so no idea why it took so long!! It was a painful wait!

Cazzums wrote: »
    Finally got a call today after 15 weeks saying iv been approved a loan and the paperwork will be posted today! Finally! Not the amount I was looking for but it will have to do!!

Congrats, that's some wait lol...

Did you have to supply additional documents at any stage , seems an awful long time to wait !

Congrats, that's some wait lol...

Did you have to supply additional documents at any stage , seems an awful long time to wait !

No I sent my application in the start of feb, met with them in April and they gave me a letter saying it’s been sent to the underwriters and got the phone call today that it’s been approved and they’ll post me out the official documents. I literally phoned every week and just kept being told they didn’t know how long it would be.

Congrats on your approval! Can I ask in what region you applied ? I understand if you don’t want to name specific council

Iv just been approved after 15 weeks! No complications with my application so no idea why it took so long!! It was a painful wait!

Can I ask in which region did u apply?

suemurray wrote: »
    Can I ask in which region did u apply?

I’m in Leinster!

Congratulations! Did you put in for a certain amount and they reduced it?

Whodat19 wrote: »
    Congratulations! Did you put in for a certain amount and they reduced it?

I was originally going to put in for 240k and chance my luck in getting that but was advised to just write on the application “applying for the maximum amount available to me”. So I got around 30k less then what I hoped for but it’s onviously still much better than the bank offers! The online calculator tells you what you can afford however it doesn’t take into account the mortgage protection that you must take off the council which is approx €100 per month on top of repayments so the calculator isn’t ideal at all.

• Advertisement

I was originally going to put in for 240k and chance my luck in getting that but was advised to just write on the application “applying for the maximum amount available to me”. So I got around 30k less then what I hoped for but it’s onviously still much better than the bank offers! The online calculator tells you what you can afford however it doesn’t take into account the mortgage protection that you must take off the council which is approx €100 per month on top of repayments so the calculator isn’t ideal at all.

They never advised me you could do that. I just put down amount we were looking for, which was a good bit under the online calculator so here is hoping. That's brilliant news for ye! The best of luck!

Advertisement