Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭lavinia hathaway

Jesus, that sink is fairly rammed in there.

Yes, and we won't even talk about where you are supposed to put any clothes you may have:).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

You are probably goign to be stuck with the bill for the tv license as well.
    Not just for your garage but for the full house.

d5a600161605c06a13654574ee8c9878.png

Question remains... how are you going to watch tv? Standing in front of your sink? Sitting on your sink?

Yes, standing at the sink while you stir your one and only pot!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

inforfun wrote: »
    Question remains... how are you going to watch tv? Standing in front of your sink? Sitting on your sink?

A series of cleverly placed mirrors should do the trick. Best seat in the house seems to be the jacks so I'd point them toward there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

That's grim! €700 to live in Ballybane :(
    You'd have to be very resilient to live in such a limited space. (Looks like they built the "studio" in the side passage of the house.)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You'd have to be very resilient to live in such a limited space. (Looks like they built the "studio" in the side passage of the house.)

It almost makes some of the sheds that have been posted here look spacious.

"live" is stretching it a bit, not much you can do there. They're also looking for a 12 month lease so it's obviously not aimed at students either. Depressing that a grown worker may have to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

It almost makes some of the sheds that have been posted here look spacious.

It reminds me of my student days in Galway where a mate of mine lived in a 'flat' which was basically someone's garage with a bed, a kitchenette and electricity meter you'd stick 50p in every once in a while. They didn't even insulate it, so the amount of mould was insane. This is definitely a step up from that, but still incredibly grim

Use one of these.
    s-l1600.jpg
    If you don't want a crick in your neck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

My first thoughts as well.

But I guess if you were in RTC, oops sorry GMIT (showing my age there), it might not be so bad.
    It does have that special claustrophobic feel to it and the door look extra narrow.
    Back in my day the concern would be where to put the bike, but nowadays it might be car parking.
    It reminds me of my student days in Galway where a mate of mine lived in a 'flat' which was basically someone's garage with a bed, a kitchenette and electricity meter you'd stick 50p in every once in a while. They didn't even insulate it, so the amount of mould was insane. This is definitely a step up from that, but still incredibly grim

Back in the day I did spend a summer in a garage conversion.
    Now it was part of house, not separate and I guess it was ok in summer.
    The thing that I kept fooking forgetting was step down into it from back hall off kitchen.
    And it was pain in ar** to come home from pub, miss the step and then end up smacking face off side of bed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You're all being very harsh, I mean it has Velux windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

At least the roof is high enough that when you tie a rope on the velux window handle your feet won't touch the floor when you jump off the chair

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

redcup342 wrote: »
    At least the roof is high enough that when you tie a rope on the velux window handle your feet won't touch the floor when you jump off the chair

That's probably the only way you could watch the TV.

I just checked the ad again and it has gone from utilities included to bins and utilities to be paid. Talk about adding insult to injury!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That's probably the only way you could watch the TV.

The other option would be to climb on the roof and hang upside down from the velux window to watch the TV - with the rest of your body outside. You would also have to make sure to turn the TV upside down to view it properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Isn't there a law that has a minimum of 2 doors between a toilet and a food preperation area ?

cisk wrote: »
    Someone with a wood fetish? :0

https://www.daft.ie/12149588

jesus ! 385k for that kip!
    And it's not Raheny it's Edenmore - dump

Glad I'm out of Ireland tbh, just nothing there for my generation.

The agents on these property sites look like such slavering reptiles.
    Kind of people that would murder their own parents for a €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Twould be a grand spot for around €200/month,

700 me hole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

jesus ! 385k for that kip!
    And it's not Raheny it's Edenmore - dump

Glad I'm out of Ireland tbh, just nothing there for my generation.

You must be out of Ireland a very long time if you think that house is in Edenmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You must be out of Ireland a very long time if you think that house is in Edenmore.

It isn't in edenmore but a stretch to call it raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

It isn't in edenmore but a stretch to call it raheny.

Its Grange Woodbine, actually not a bad price for the house. Lovely area.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

D3V!L wrote: »

Yeah that is probably how i would describe it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You're all being very harsh, I mean it has Velux windows.

AND a very posh cooker hood above the ONE ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

You get to have a bidet experience while you watch TV.
    They should increase the rent based on that luxury.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Graces7 wrote: »
    AND a very posh cooker hood above the ONE ring!

One word - ventilation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

D3V!L wrote: »

You'd easily spend €100k or more doing up that house. Would someone pay half a million for a house there?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Isn't there a law that has a minimum of 2 doors between a toilet and a food preperation area ?

Letting Agent: Just put the lid down > 2 doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

gozunda wrote: »
    One word - ventilation

Yes I know what a cooker hood is for! Just must have cost many times more than the single ring is all! so ostentatious..

Advertisement