Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Hector O'Heochagain

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

He lost it after him thinking he was so important he should be allowed access to the Irish rugby team during 07 world cup was it?!

He was doing some documentary following the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Bring "The Savage eye" back!!
    Rahoorahooorahoore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Amu le hector or whatever the **** it was called was decent though tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The couple of travel series based in America he did were actually quite good.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    How is he a culchie?

he's from Navan

Never has a question been asked and comprehensively answered so quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Never has a question been asked and comprehensively answered so quickly.

My thoughts too! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 only a nightmare

up navan

up meath

up the royal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I like him, he is sharp witted and funny, he is not a cardboard cut-out like many other media people in Ireland. Too many bland personalities on the radio and tv, Hector is a breath of fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I like him, he is sharp witted and funny, he is not a cardboard cut-out like many other media people in Ireland. Too many bland personalities on the radio and tv, Hector is a breath of fresh air.

Hi Hector.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Never heard of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

He's not as big a dose as Alison Spittle, but by fukc it's a close run thing....
    Either one come on the radio, it's turned off at once.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

He seems a nice guy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Things I associate with Hector; Navan, speaking Irish, very pale skin & gelled sticky up hair (trying to be cool), seems nice enough, but annoying :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

He referred to Greyhounds as "scummy" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

up navan

up meath

up the royal

Down capital letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

He's alright. Not the worst. I think people have a problem with him sometimes because he's a "bogger" on tv/radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    How is he a culchie?

he's from Navan

If you don't live in Dublin you are a culchie. It's been extended to a few satellite towns.

If you live in Cork city, to a Dub you are a culchie. Used to make me laugh when cork people were telling stories about 'culchies'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

People in Limerick city call folk from the countryside culchies.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

I find him extremely irritating, he's terribly forced and insincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There was a time when you'd have been considered a culchie for living in the likes of Blanchardstown and Tallaght so there's hope for everyone. Probably not in your lifetime but its something for your great grandkids to look forward to.

On Hector, I like him, seems harmless enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Nabber wrote: »
    If you don't live in Dublin you are a culchie. It's been extended to a few satellite towns.

If you live in Cork city, to a Dub you are a culchie. Used to make me laugh when cork people were telling stories about 'culchies'

Well any Dubliner that believes that is a narrow-minded insecure git!
    Definition of Culchie:
    Oxford English Dictionary (OED): "one who lives in, or comes from, a rural area; a (simple) countryman (or woman), a provincial, a rustic"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He's a clown.

Off topic but watching those savage eye clips it really is the best comedy sketch show RTE have ever commissioned.

Vita nova wrote: »
    Well any Dubliner that believes that is a narrow-minded insecure git!
    No Dubliners believe that, but there's nothing more fun than calling a langer a culchie because it drives them mad. Cark is a city boi!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is he meant to be funny though? He's not a comedian.

Personally I used to be able to take him, when he first appeared on the scene. But can't stand him now.

I just hate all that GAA, village, parish, breakfast warriors, shtick. Hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hector Central is the name of his Central America travel show. I saw one episode a while back. Wanted to see the rest, and lo and behold it's on TG4 right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

TG4's Imigh le Sruth with Aoife Ni Chonchuir was always a far better watch.

She was genuinely interested in the people & places she visited, while the village idiot was off being wacky in a way young garda sergeants and inter-county footballers found hilarious.