Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ageism

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

So it is true that the real learning begins after university. I'm sure it will get easier the harder you work like all challenges.

Of course it is true, it takes a couple of years after college before you are worth anything to an employer.

I'ver supervised both accounting and computer science graduates and while they have the theory it takes years to learn how to deliver it professionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Of course it is true, it takes a couple of years after college before you are worth anything to an employer.

I'ver supervised both accounting and computer science graduates and while they have the theory it takes years to learn how to deliver it professionally.

As someone who has supervised grads, do you have any suggestions on how to speed up the process

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

sharky86 wrote: »
    As someone who has supervised grads, do you have any suggestions on how to speed up the process

Nope. And I think need to understand that working independently is not a think in practice and in particular audit. Your work will always be well supervised, because getting it wrong can be a very public affair especially if you work for a big 4. Remember every partner is liable for the debts of the partnership and while other work is done under limited liability, audit is not. And when the owners are personally liable it creates a very different atmosphere.

Advertisement