Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Claiming tax credit for FRE for 4 years

Options
  • 05-08-2020 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi All

has anyone claimed teacher flat rate expenses (FRE ) from revenue this year and I think I am due it for the last 4 years aswell !!!!..I claimed for this year but how do i claim last 4 years?:(

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭techteacher

thanks for the link all done , I wonder how long it takes?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Not long, revenue are pretty efficient, I'd imagine you'll hear from them within the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭2011abc

In last four years or so claiming credit often results in them finding money you mysteriously owe them .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

2011abc wrote: »
    In last four years or so claiming credit often results in them finding money you mysteriously owe them .

Not a teacher...

But I've had some tidy reimbursements due to tax back on medical expenditure.

It's always worth doing your Statement of Liability annually. Most it's taken me for a rebate has been 3 days, in non-COVID times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

We got almost 1000 tax back this year after completing a review, and this was with the flat rate expenses and all other tax credits already in place. I think it was to do with maternity pay over late 2018/early 2019. Very nice sum but equally could have gone the other way and owed them so we were lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rossj

Can someone PLEASE indicate to me what extra Tax credits I can apply for??

I have heard that a teacher can applly for clothes tax back, other little study areas, taz credits on a whole host of other little areas that to be honest I think I should have been getting since 2006 but never really copped on til now....

Can anyone tell me all those extra little credits to claims
    and the big ones that I Should check Im definately getting

and the step-by-step processes on the ros.ie or revenue online pages to get same

How does one in tax dept prove these are legit tax deductions??

this is urgent enough so if anyone has a spare two-three minutes to explain I would really appreciate it

Thank you all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

rossj wrote: »

I have heard that a teacher can applly for clothes tax back, other little study areas, taz credits on a whole host of other little areas that to be honest I think I should have been getting since 2006 but never really copped on til now....

Can anyone tell me all those extra little credits to claims
    and the big ones that I Should check Im definately getting

and the step-by-step processes on the ros.ie or revenue online pages to get same

How does one in tax dept prove these are legit tax deductions??

this is urgent enough so if anyone has a spare two-three minutes to explain I would really appreciate it

Thank you all

Not sure of the clothes thing you're talking about, unless you're a PE teacher or something, although that's probably no benefit.

Here's the page with the pdf file
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/employee-expenses/flat-rate-expense-allowances/index.aspx

Flat Rate Expenses List

You can only lookback 4 years unfortunately!

There is tax relief on certain courses like masters etc (after qualification).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Normal tax credits

Single/Married tax credit
    PAYE tax credit

Other possible tax credits:

https://revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/tax-credits/index.aspx

These are some tax credits you may be entitled to claim:

Age Tax Credit
    Blind Person's Tax Credit
    Dependent Relative Tax Credit
    Employee Tax Credit = PAYE tax credit
    Guide Dog Allowance
    Home Carer Tax Credit
    Incapacitated Child Tax Credit
    Rent Tax Credit = ended in 2017
    Seafarers' Tax Allowance and Fisher Tax Credit
    Single Person Child Carer Credit
    Widowed Parent Tax Credit.

Also tax credit on medical expenses.

Tax-free allowances:

Flat-rate expenses

• Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Check your Cert of Tax credits to see which ones you currently get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement